AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   Another high pressure fuel line leak (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/another-high-pressure-fuel-line-leak-2854131/)

Rf204 09-19-2013 05:29 PM

Another high pressure fuel line leak

Hi Everyone. Been on the forum for a while, mostly reading. Not much time to post. I have a 2013 estoril S6 with everything except B&O. March 2013 delivered and nothing but joy last 6 months and 9800 miles. Today drove 36 miles from one workplace to another one and back. Made a stop about 1 mile from my house. I was pulling into a gated parking lot when I smelled fuel. Pretty strong smell. I pulled into a spot and shut the car off. Opened the hood and low and behold. Passenger side fuel line where the metal goes into rubber with some clamps, it was wet. Wiped with rag and the good old fuel smell was right there. By the time the audi road side truck got there it was a nice drip. Had the car towed to the nearest dealership. It was off hours already but i was able to get a loaner thankfully. Will hopefully hear by tomorrow on the estimated fix time. But as I have been reading on the forums, i am looking at a while as the parts are probably backordered. I had no warnings and no lights. I think I must have caught it right before it was about to burst. Right now i feel that i was lucky that it didn't happen on a nice 95 degree day in heavy traffic.

GermanGarage 09-19-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rf204 (Post 24489828)
Hi Everyone. Been on the forum for a while, mostly reading. Not much time to post. I have a 2013 estoril S6 with everything except B&O. March 2013 delivered and nothing but joy last 6 months and 9800 miles. Today drove 36 miles from one workplace to another one and back. Made a stop about 1 mile from my house. I was pulling into a gated parking lot when I smelled fuel. Pretty strong smell. I pulled into a spot and shut the car off. Opened the hood and low and behold. Passenger side fuel line where the metal goes into rubber with some clamps, it was wet. Wiped with rag and the good old fuel smell was right there. By the time the audi road side truck got there it was a nice drip. Had the car towed to the nearest dealership. It was off hours already but i was able to get a loaner thankfully. Will hopefully hear by tomorrow on the estimated fix time. But as I have been reading on the forums, i am looking at a while as the parts are probably backordered. I had no warnings and no lights. I think I must have caught it right before it was about to burst. Right now i feel that i was lucky that it didn't happen on a nice 95 degree day in heavy traffic.

This is starting to become a real problem. I have seen about 6 of these posts now...

carnuts3 09-19-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by GermanGarage (Post 24489830)
This is starting to become a real problem. I have seen about 6 of these posts now...

To your knowledge, is this problem limited to 2013's or are some 2014's affected?

CreoS4 09-19-2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by carnuts3 (Post 24489834)
To your knowledge, is this problem limited to 2013's or are some 2014's affected?

I doubt that there are enough 2014s on the road yet to know. However, if part numbers are the same for both model years, I'd assume they haven't fixed it yet...

///M Traitor 09-20-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rf204 (Post 24489828)

I was looking for the spot in the fuel line you described on my car last night. Can you post a pic? Are you talking about the low-pressure rubber supply line which feeds into the high-pressure pump? Check the self study guide for reference...

Does anyone know where exactly the lines are failing?

gatorguy7 09-20-2013 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by GermanGarage (Post 24489830)

Uh, no kidding. :eek:

Rf204 09-20-2013 11:11 AM

I don't have access to my car as its at the dealership. The study guide doesn't have a good enough picture to display. if you look at your engine bay from the front. On the passenger side, past the intake, there are two black metal lines attached to the frame by a plastic clip of some kind. the top one has a nut connecting the lines together. The bottom one has a rubber hose with clamps on it. the leak was coming from where the bottom line meets the rubber hose at the first clamp. As soon as I can get to my car I will take a pic. The dealership is claiming that the car will be ready by tomorrow evening but its still sitting outside. So I have my doubts about that. will keep everyone posted. On the other note, I did receive 2 phone calls from AOA corporate. They seem to be really concerned with the fact that it was a fuel line leak.

RobC 09-20-2013 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this help?

Attachment 104372

snagitseven 09-20-2013 12:33 PM

It's possible it's not a design deficiency of the part causing the issue. It could be there was a limited run of bad parts not to spec from a supplier. If so, Audi should be able to execute a safety recall or TSB to replace it pretty quickly. If not, it would take longer to re-engineer the part, get it manufactured and distributed to dealers.

Vijay 09-20-2013 12:37 PM

You know.....this is some serious, serious stuff here. Little engineering flaws here and there are one thing, but this could actually kill people. I actually just emailed my dealer and said if this problem isn't fixed, I am canceling my S6 order