AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Southeast Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/southeast-discussion-45/)
-   -   Advic e for owning an Audi in Mississippi (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/southeast-discussion-45/advic-e-owning-audi-mississippi-2826249/)

npalmer 05-03-2012 04:59 PM

Advic e for owning an Audi in Mississippi

I am planning to buy a new S4 sometime this year, however I have some concerns. I live in a small town in MS that is 2.5 hours from the nearest dealer. I am worried because:

1) With so few options for dealers I may not get good deal because there is no competition. Any advice for buying from remote dealerships (ATL?, Houston?)?

2) Audi is ranked very low on reliability. I suspect I will need warranty work done, and I dead having to drive 2.5H on a weekday to get service. Any other options? Advice?

80MGB 05-15-2012 06:00 PM

Can't help you on #1, guess you'll have to shop around. In my experience the "reliability issue" isn't. Of course a 5 hour RT drive for a minor issue is no fun (well, that depends on the road doesn't it?), but generally speaking reliability between the better brands is within a pretty narrow band. You'll have a blast with an S5!

ryan_qttro 05-15-2012 06:19 PM

How far are you from Baton Rouge, we get some southern Ms visiters

npalmer 05-22-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I am in North MS, so pretty far from Baton Rouge. I am ~3H from Memphis and Jackson.

That being said, I go to New Orleans regularly, and definitely wouldn't mind driving to Baton Rouge for a good deal. I was actually considering shopping around even further, I have family all over the place.

What are the gotcha's for buying from a remote dealer or an out-of-state dealer? Do other dealers complain about supporting/servicing cars they didn't sell?

ryan_qttro 05-22-2012 10:56 AM

No we don't care where ya got the car

AUDIMAN-RS4 10-26-2012 11:56 AM

Buy it in Huntsville, Alabama

Originally Posted by ryan_qttro (Post 24302920)
No we don't care where ya got the car

I've gotten 5 new Audis from these guys. Don't forget to ask them for a free Audi Club membership.

Mississippi Birdman 11-26-2012 01:52 PM

The Jackson dealership changed ownership in October. I just placed an order for a Q5 there after getting a reasonably good deal for a high demand Q5 3.0T. They have had a reputation for not giving good deals. It can't hurt to ask. You may get a better deal in a larger market, but I personally prefer to buy from where I will have this specialty car maintained. I realize in many rural areas of the state, all you have close is Ford or GM. All I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you will drive to buy.

AUDIMAN-RS4 12-08-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mississippi Birdman (Post 24376350)
The Jackson dealership changed ownership in October. I just placed an order for a Q5 there after getting a reasonably good deal for a high demand Q5 3.0T. They have had a reputation for not giving good deals. It can't hurt to ask. You may get a better deal in a larger market, but I personally prefer to buy from where I will have this specialty car maintained. I realize in many rural areas of the state, all you have close is Ford or GM. All I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you will drive to buy.

Birmingham is not that far. I've been told, they are giving good deals. Think they are on the web.