AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Does the C7 Stream music from smart phone? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/does-c7-stream-music-smart-phone-2858945/)

r1racer 12-29-2013 12:26 PM

Does the C7 Stream music from smart phone?

Can you stream music and control it from your phone instead of through mmi?

NightCrawler 12-29-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by r1racer (Post 24523568)

If you are talking about Bluetooth audio the answer is yes. My 2014 A6 has it and I use it with my Iphone.

snagitseven 12-29-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by r1racer (Post 24523568)

While Bluetooth Audio can stream internet music apps, i.e. Pandora, Mog as well as your phone's music files using the phones controls, the advantage of using the MMI is to integrate control of the phone's media with the car. Not sure why you would want to fiddle with the phone's small screen while driving vs. the MMI system. Same with making tel calls via Bluetooth.

mannya4 12-30-2013 02:50 AM

The answer yes...anything on the phone.....

Blackberry here.

r1racer 12-30-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24523664)
While Bluetooth Audio can stream internet music apps, i.e. Pandora, Mog as well as your phone's music files using the phones controls, the advantage of using the MMI is to integrate control of the phone's media with the car. Not sure why you would want to fiddle with the phone's small screen while driving vs. the MMI system. Same with making tel calls via Bluetooth.

To me it's more convenient than using MMI. Especially if you want to rewind/fast forward. I used xcarlink in the C6 and regret not buying it sooner. Not a fan of all of the knob turning.

snagitseven 12-30-2013 09:34 AM

You can FF/RW by holding the < > buttons down below the volume control on the console. Also, you might want to explore using the 3G MMI voice command. You can select source, track, artist. genre, etc. at the push of a button. No knob turning required and your eyes stay on the road. All of this, of course, assumes you have a C7.

r1racer 12-30-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24523894)
You can FF/RW by holding the < > buttons down below the volume control on the console. Also, you might want to explore using the 3G MMI voice command. You can select source, track, artist. genre, etc. at the push of a button. No knob turning required and your eyes stay on the road. All of this, of course, assumes you have a C7.

Doesn't sound much different from the C6. I'm glad to hear there's full control from the phone, however.

gatorguy7 12-30-2013 11:22 AM

Snagit is definitely right. The bluetooth fully integrates with streaming music. It works perfectly. On my S3 I use a program which automatically launches Pandora and Wake when my phone connects to my car. I never have to get my phone out of my pocket for anything. It is definitely far more convenient and safer to use the MMIs larger screen and controls.

SSA6 12-30-2013 01:11 PM

Could any of you provide or email me instructions / settings on how to accomplish this? I searched to no avail. With my Galaxy S4 when streaming Pandora I don't see any information on the MMI. I only can see the music that is stored on my S4 phone. Music from Pandora does stream thru the MMI but no info shows up. I must be missing some setting somewhere. I have the 715-2 update on my 2012 A6 Prestige.
Thanks.

Jgs1564 12-30-2013 01:59 PM

I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 when streaming music from Pandora...it does not display any info on MMMI
QUOTE=SSA6;24524009]Could any of you provide or email me instructions / settings on how to accomplish this? I searched to no avail. With my Galaxy S4 when streaming Pandora I don't see any information on the MMI. I only can see the music that is stored on my S4 phone. Music from Pandora does stream thru the MMI but no info shows up. I must be missing some setting somewhere. I have the 715-2 update on my 2012 A6 Prestige.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]