AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   VAG-COM Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vag-com-discussion-51/)
-   -   How to "reset" battery meter on MMI High? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vag-com-discussion-51/how-reset-battery-meter-mmi-high-2759372/)

Peavey 08-07-2009 10:26 AM

How to "reset" battery meter on MMI High?

As topic explains; Where in Vag Com can I reset the battery meter on the MMI high?

The car is an 2003 Audi A8

Thanks in advance :)

Theresias 08-07-2009 10:32 AM

Sadly the explanation doesn't really cut it. What exactly do you mean by "reset" and why would you wanna do such thing?

Peavey 08-07-2009 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Theresias (Post 23832073)
Sadly the explanation doesn't really cut it. What exactly do you mean by "reset" and why would you wanna do such thing?

Okay, sory :p

I've charged the battery atfer it was empty but the power meter still shows only 10% and the car is en emergency management mode.

So I need to recalibrate/reset the battery meter

Theresias 08-07-2009 10:47 AM

Post an Auto-Scan from the vehicle in question please, I'd like to take a look at some of the control modules and their software versions.

Additionally please provide a control module map from your battery regulation control module (#61).

To create a map, please perform the following procedure:

Start VCDS
[Applications]
[Controller Channels Map]
Address: 61
Function: Meas. Blocks/Adaptation
Output: Pre-Label File
[Start]

After creating the "map" files, you can find them in the /VAG-COM/Logs/ folder - please send it to me via email (see signature for address). If you are sending files, please attach an Auto-Scan from the car(s) you obtained the maps from as well.

Limoncello 09-02-2010 08:22 AM

Sebastian, I would also like to know if is possible to reset the battery meter. I have an 05 A8, after 2 weeks away, i started the car and started getting power management warnings, Batt meter is just below 10%, but, the car and battery appear to be fine, my only problem seems to be the batt meter giving false readings (it remains on 9% no matter what) which causes power management to give low battery warnings.

Can VAGCOM fix this by clearing the error, reseting the meter etc

Uwe@Ross-Tech.com 09-03-2010 02:21 PM

Supriously low battery readings in the MMI are usually due to one of two things: Really old firmware in some of the car's control modules (which needs to be updated at the dealer) or charging the battery with the charger connected incorrectly, so that the battery management module didn't see the current going into the battery.

We can usually tell if the firmware in the modules is outdated from an Auto-Scan.

-Uwe-

Limoncello 10-19-2010 07:27 AM

Update

Ive used vagcom to recode the battery , so it thinks a new one has been put in, since then no more problems, If it drops again i will replace the battery anyway

jabichocu 10-30-2010 11:32 PM

saddly my car (2009 a4 b8) has no such "battery regulation control module (#61)"...where can I recode my battery then???

Limoncello 10-31-2010 12:34 AM

Only cars with MMI have to recode the battery when changing it, if you are changing the battery on the B4 you dont need to code the batery. but i think on the B4 you do need to do some recalibrations

what is the issue that you have

jabichocu 10-31-2010 03:32 AM

I donīt think the meter is working well cause it says my batery is 80% and after charging it to full capacity the meter is still stuck in 80%! My a car is a B8 with concert3 radio