AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   2013 Q7 Accident Air bags not deployed (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/2013-q7-accident-air-bags-not-deployed-2859093/)

sdteb 12-31-2013 07:52 PM

2013 Q7 Accident Air bags not deployed

Was involved in a terrible hit and run on the interstate two days ago, was spun out on the interstate and hit concrete median head on....ill post pics..im beyond pissed, not to mention the physical pain..my entire family was in the car...not a single airbag went off....

sdteb 12-31-2013 08:12 PM

front

1 Attachment(s)
pic of the front

sdteb 12-31-2013 08:15 PM

interior

1 Attachment(s)
notice air bags

drcyrus3d 01-01-2014 05:46 AM

I would suggest you to get a good lawyer, the best one in cases like this.

Wishing you and your family all the best!

rarslan 01-01-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d (Post 24524553)
I would suggest you to get a good lawyer, the best one in cases like this.

Why? How is this "case" like? Do you know if they have been injured? Do you know if their injuries, if any, related to airbags not being deployed? Do you know if there was a sufficient crash impact to necessitate the airbag deployment at all?

Hope no one injured and he will have his vehicle fixed/replaced as good as new.

drcyrus3d 01-02-2014 01:52 AM

@rarslan STFU and read his message again, especially around "... not to mention the physical pain...".

Also based on the pictures i don't think he hit the median at 10mph.

This is a HUUUGE issue for a luxury car of this caliber. I would definitely get a lawyer and go after Audi of America for a defective product!

Edd W 01-02-2014 03:45 AM

I know that I and my family was involved in a serious accident, the last thing that would occur to me is posting photo's on a forum - I hope no one is injured.

As for the accident, the deployment of airbags is a very carefully calculated event. It requires a measured force sufficient for the airbag to be of benefit in the direction of the force. A full side impact should not deploy a front airbag and so on.

If the car spun into the barrier, it may well be that there was not a high enough force in any specific direction to render any benefit from airbag operation and in that situation, you really don't want un-necessary airbag operation, they are explosive devices and cause quite a shock when they are operated.

It is difficult to tell from the photo's but it looks like the front has been dragged off towards one side and therefore it is possible to guess that the car was in slide or spin at the point of impact.

Edd W 01-02-2014 03:54 AM

Quote - "This is a HUUUGE issue for a luxury car of this caliber. I would definitely get a lawyer and go after Audi of America for a defective product!"

A rash statement I would suggest, bearing in mind we have very little information and not necessarily good advice. If no-one was injured, it stands to reason airbag deployment would have been un-necessary and not have helped at all.

The car probably behaved exactly as designed.

rarslan 01-02-2014 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d (Post 24524823)
@rarslan STFU

Classy you are...
He says, "physical pain". Do yo know if his "physical pain" caused due to airbags not deploying? I don't. Damage appears to be all cosmetic with no structural elements involved based on one available picture as it was intended to absorb the crash energy. Airbags would require about 18mph speed change in 100 microseconds to deploy. Do you know it happened? I don't. Follow your advice please and have a nice new year. Good bye!

Force-1 01-02-2014 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by rarslan (Post 24524835)
Classy you are...
He says, "physical pain". Do yo know if his "physical pain" caused due to airbags not deploying? I don't. Damage appears to be all cosmetic with no structural elements involved based on one available picture as it was intended to absorb the crash energy. Airbags would require about 18mph speed change in 100 microseconds to deploy. Do you know it happened? I don't. Follow your advice please and have a nice new year. Good bye!

http://images.corvetteforum.com/imag...ies/iagree.gif

IMO drcyrus3d is the irrational one here.