AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   APR STAGE 1 VR GIAC STAGE 1 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/apr-stage-1-vr-giac-stage-1-a-2856199/)

broker23 10-31-2013 08:18 PM

APR STAGE 1 VR GIAC STAGE 1

Guys i know this has been asked a million times and there are a ton of responses and data from 2006 in other forums. But there is nothing on the 3.0t I have also seen the response go with what tuner is closer I'm in Chicago i can get APR, GIAC, Stasis, Revo,
and the list goes on and on. I'm leaning toward GIAC as it can be flashed with OBDII But i dont really think there data is accurate. So my question is what do you think is better ecu upgrade and why ? Im not a big fan of bench programing my ecu

The new GIAC OBDII port claims !!!!!!!

Switchable software calibrations, compatible with OEM exhaust and intake systems, for the Audi A6 3.0t (C6 platform) are now available through GIAC's worldwide dealer network. With the software being uploaded through the vehicle's OBDII port, there is no need for ECU removal.
GIAC software calibrations offer dramatic performance increases when compared to the factory engine software, all while retaining factory levels of drivability. Software details include:

•Improved throttle response
•Optimized boost and air fuel ratios
•Removal of speed limiters
•Power gains from 70-100 hp & 25-35 ft. /lbs. of tq at the wheels (hardware dependent)
•On-the-fly program switching for multiple performance modes.

Testing on GIAC's in-house Mustang MD-500 dynamometer measured power gains of 69 horsepower and 25 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. With an upgraded intake, testing measured power gains of 87 horsepower and 34 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. All power numbers were measured at the wheels, on 91 octane fuel. To compare these numbers to manufacturer rated numbers, an approximated 25% drivetrain loss should be factored in.

GIAC Stage 1 C6 A6 Peformance software - 91 octane fuel

broker23 11-14-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by broker23 (Post 24504515)
Guys i know this has been asked a million times and there are a ton of responses and data from 2006 in other forums. But there is nothing on the 3.0t I have also seen the response go with what tuner is closer I'm in Chicago i can get APR, GIAC, Stasis, Revo,
and the list goes on and on. I'm leaning toward GIAC as it can be flashed with OBDII But i dont really think there data is accurate. So my question is what do you think is better ecu upgrade and why ? Im not a big fan of bench programing my ecu

The new GIAC OBDII port claims !!!!!!!

Switchable software calibrations, compatible with OEM exhaust and intake systems, for the Audi A6 3.0t (C6 platform) are now available through GIAC's worldwide dealer network. With the software being uploaded through the vehicle's OBDII port, there is no need for ECU removal.
GIAC software calibrations offer dramatic performance increases when compared to the factory engine software, all while retaining factory levels of drivability. Software details include:

•Improved throttle response
•Optimized boost and air fuel ratios
•Removal of speed limiters
•Power gains from 70-100 hp & 25-35 ft. /lbs. of tq at the wheels (hardware dependent)
•On-the-fly program switching for multiple performance modes.

Testing on GIAC's in-house Mustang MD-500 dynamometer measured power gains of 69 horsepower and 25 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. With an upgraded intake, testing measured power gains of 87 horsepower and 34 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. All power numbers were measured at the wheels, on 91 octane fuel. To compare these numbers to manufacturer rated numbers, an approximated 25% drivetrain loss should be factored in.

GIAC Stage 1 C6 A6 Peformance software - 91 octane fuel

Is there any life in this forum?

raj99 11-14-2013 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by broker23 (Post 24509153)
Is there any life in this forum?

Not sure what you were looking for, in terms of life...your OP essentially states that the 3.0T engine is very tuneable and a LOT of power can be accessed out of it. But this knowledge is not really something new for most folks here and in fact there's a lot of data out there on the tuneability of these engines. Unfortunately the 3.2 and 4.2 models are far less mod-able.

BTW, if I had a 3.0T, I'd have a tune done to it ASAP ;)

A great example of how such tuning can turn a relative a normal S4 into 'beast-mode' is here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2KfMY96v_Gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>