AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   Why Isn't M Mode on Heads Up Display (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/why-isnt-m-mode-heads-up-display-2826133/)

Knuck 05-01-2012 10:02 PM

Why Isn't M Mode on Heads Up Display

I don't understand why the gear is not displayed on the heads up display when in manual mode. Is there a way to display it? The option is not on the settings screen. Is it likely it will find its way into a firmware upgrade.

fkaufman 05-02-2012 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Knuck (Post 24294787)
I don't understand why the gear is not displayed on the heads up display when in manual mode. Is there a way to display it? The option is not on the settings screen. Is it likely it will find its way into a firmware upgrade.

It is not displayed because the designers of the car in their wisdom (or lack of it) decided not to include it (or have never thought of it). Requests for it (and for dozens of other "would be nice" features) should be sent directly to Audi headquarters. Neither this forum, nor the service department of the dealers will achieve that, have to do it directly to headquarters.

The more requests they receive, the more likely that the feature would be added in a firmware upgrade.

Stevial 05-02-2012 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Knuck (Post 24294787)

you can get it in the Instrument Cluster DIS (Driver Information Display) but not the Windshield heads up Driver information Display

aquarian 05-02-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stevial (Post 24294864)
you can get it in the Instrument Cluster DIS (Driver Information Display) but not the Windshield heads up Driver information Display

LOL.

Knuck 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads with no shoulders and 200 foot drops, you don't want to have to take your eyes off the road which you have to do to look at the Instrument Cluster display.

Stevial 05-03-2012 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Knuck (Post 24295013)
Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads with no shoulders and 200 foot drops, you don't want to have to take your eyes off the road which you have to do to look at the Instrument Cluster display.

Your right, complain to Audi of America, I tried to stop complaining about how the American market gets short changed.

jfourman 05-03-2012 07:02 AM

Gear in DIS?

Stevial: I may be missing something; but I don't believe my DIS displays the gear# when in automatic. VAGCOM?

Knuck 05-03-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by fkaufman (Post 24294832)
It is not displayed because the designers of the car in their wisdom (or lack of it) decided not to include it (or have never thought of it). Requests for it (and for dozens of other "would be nice" features) should be sent directly to Audi headquarters. Neither this forum, nor the service department of the dealers will achieve that, have to do it directly to headquarters.

The more requests they receive, the more likely that the feature would be added in a firmware upgrade.

I'm up in Canada so I sent an email to Audi Canada Headquarters requesting they consider adding this feature in a forthcoming firmware upgrade. The reply I got was they were sorry I had a bad service visit experience. It's appears Audi could care less what we think, at least in this country, as they didn't even bother to read my email. They probably have a computer send an auto reply. Very disappointing customer service.

Is it true that the U.S. model does not get the S-Tronic transmission. I thought it was bad enough that we don't get google earth navigation or wifi hotspot.

Stevial 05-03-2012 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jfourman (Post 24295382)
Stevial: I may be missing something; but I don't believe my DIS displays the gear# when in automatic. VAGCOM?

yep vag com, its in the instrument cluster in adaptations, you should be able to find it

tenspeed 05-04-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Knuck (Post 24295013)
Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads .....

I let my ears tell me which gear I'm in.