AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Chrome to Black out Trim (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/chrome-black-out-trim-2861028/)

Superfly_A6 02-06-2014 03:39 PM

Chrome to Black out Trim

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

I've posted this before, but I'll do a quick recap and my impressions:

Before I took delivery of my car, the guard dog at a dealership chewed my grill. So I got it replaced with the "black optics" grill.

I then contacted a local shop who does vinyl wraps, and had them wrap the chrome trim around the windows with gloss black. The only thing different than a true black optics package are the chrome handle accents and the rims (for summers I have a double 5 spoke rims).
The handles I don't mind actually, I'll leave them for now, and see if they will grow on me. Otherwise, I can paint the top portions of the handle to match body colour.

Here are some pictures. What do you guys think?

gatorguy7 02-06-2014 04:09 PM

I definitely think the window trim wrapped is a huge improvement. However, I waver back and forth on the grill. One of the best design characteristics of an Audi is the grill and the A6 has one of the best. By blacking it out so much it loses a lot of its character. Just my thoughts.

Superfly_A6 02-07-2014 06:00 AM

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
The chrome grill was actually bother me. It looks good on some colours like white or silver, but was bothering me with the Daytona grey.

Anyways, I'm off to get it tinted. Should post up some new pics tonight.

Jeff-AudiUSAParts 02-07-2014 08:12 AM

What a difference the trim wrap makes. Looking good!

Tucker74 02-07-2014 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6 (Post 24538284)
Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
The chrome grill was actually bother me. It looks good on some colours like white or silver, but was bothering me with the Daytona grey.

Anyways, I'm off to get it tinted. Should post up some new pics tonight.

Completely agree and I think removing the chrome actually enhances the grill as it creates a more natural looking line and ties the front together. The chrome distracts the eye and busies up the front. The S6 is even worse with horizontal slats.

subterFUSE 02-07-2014 09:24 AM

Chrome sucks, on any car, on any color. It's just plain ugly.

NVThs1 02-07-2014 10:27 AM

I can't wait until spring. I think mid March or April I am going to wrap my trim and get the RS grille.

apercele79 02-07-2014 10:34 AM

I like it as well without the chrome. I blacked out all the chrome on my car as well (as my signature shows) so I'd be a hypocrite to say stick with the chrome lol

Nice job!!!

Omeletpants 02-07-2014 12:10 PM

Everything is personal opinion, but since you asked.

I don't get this black out theme in general. It looks cheap and juvenile. Everytime I roll up on a blacked out car I guess it's a teenager and 95% of the time I'm right

Superfly_A6 02-07-2014 07:37 PM

^^^ if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?