AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/windshield-washer-fillup-disaster-2861260/)

Superfly_A6 02-10-2014 11:11 PM

Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster

Is anyone else frustrated and pissed off at Audi for making the Windshield Washer Fill Up so f'ing hard and ridiculously unuserfriendly??? I mean WTF!!! couldn't they have placed the fillup point somewhere else where you would not spill crap with every fill up? Especially when you cannot feel your fingers from the frost bite and every gust of wind just makes you spill even more?

Isn't there a solution for this yet? Damn it Audi, WTF!!!???

Mike_L 02-11-2014 05:28 AM

I don't find it that hard. Sure when the wind blows you're gonna spill, but thats gonna happen with any location. I just wish the cap would stay open. And I always remove the "filter" because with it in place you can't tell if its almost full.

Brooklyn 02-11-2014 08:39 AM

You're not using a funnel?

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6 (Post 24539470)
Is anyone else frustrated and pissed off at Audi for making the Windshield Washer Fill Up so f'ing hard and ridiculously unuserfriendly??? I mean WTF!!! couldn't they have placed the fillup point somewhere else where you would not spill crap with every fill up? Especially when you cannot feel your fingers from the frost bite and every gust of wind just makes you spill even more?

q5q7 02-11-2014 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6 (Post 24539470)

Do you have a pic to inform me where it is...?

snagitseven 02-11-2014 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by q5q7 (Post 24539585)
Do you have a pic to inform me where it is...?

The blue cap in the upper right of the photo of the 3.0T engine bay). This is the A7 but the A6 is very similar. It's been in that area for years on all of my Audis. Not ideal but not all that difficult to access either. As said, you can use a funnel if you want to be tidy. I've gotten pretty good at aiming the spout over the opening w/o too much over-spill.

tenspeed 02-11-2014 09:47 AM

Use a small gas can with a flexible spout. Mark it or spray paint so someone doesn't pour washer fluid in a gas engine fuel tank.

gatorguy7 02-11-2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24539589)
The blue cap in the upper right of the photo (3.0T engine). It's been in that area for years on all of my Audis. Not ideal but not all that difficult to access either. As said, you can use a funnel if you want to be tidy. I've gotten pretty good at aiming the spout over the opening w/o too much over-spill.

Looks like someone needs some coolant too. I agree that the location isn't that bad. I've had vehicles with it closer to the front and it still comes down to how good you are at pouring.

q5q7 02-11-2014 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24539589)
The blue cap in the upper right of the photo of the 3.0T engine bay).

I always use funnel for this kind of stuff. Any walmart cheap funnels will do..

Mike_L 02-11-2014 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by q5q7 (Post 24539645)
I always use funnel for this kind of stuff. Any walmart cheap funnels will do..

Theres a screen in the way. You gotta pull it out.

snagitseven 02-11-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post 24539650)
Theres a screen in the way. You gotta pull it out.

Yeah, I wonder what that screen is for. Maybe to keep ping-pong balls out of the tank?