AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS 7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs-7-205/)
-   -   Panther Black RS7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs-7-205/panther-black-rs7-2859764/)

frenchie_pm 01-14-2014 01:49 PM

Panther Black RS7

Colour is such a personal choice and no one can really give advice on the subject. It's a matter of personal choice. But.......I have just ordered my new RS7 and must wait 3 to 4 months before it arrives. I have chosen Panther Black. Anybody seen Panther Black in the flesh. It appears to have a deep red colour in the black depending on where and how the light hits it. I'm hoping it will be a big hit. But not sure.

dg144 01-14-2014 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm (Post 24529573)
Colour is such a personal choice and no one can really give advice on the subject. It's a matter of personal choice. But.......I have just ordered my new RS7 and must wait 3 to 4 months before it arrives. I have chosen Panther Black. Anybody seen Panther Black in the flesh. It appears to have a deep red colour in the black depending on where and how the light hits it. I'm hoping it will be a big hit. But not sure.

I have it and it is great. I have aluminum optic, 20 stock rims with snows on now and will have the 21" stock with the black rims in the summer.

Sorry you have to wait so long, the car is fabulous.

vortexx 01-14-2014 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dg144 (Post 24529698)
I have it and it is great. I have aluminum optic, 20 stock rims with snows on now and will have the 21" stock with the black rims in the summer.

Sorry you have to wait so long, the car is fabulous.

dg144, Do you have some pics you could post... or even better would be a walk around video! I too would like to see panther black on an RS7. I saw it on an SQ5, but it was quite dirty, and parked in the shade so it was hard to really get a feel for the color, which appears have hues of purple in some light and gold in other light.

dg144 01-15-2014 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by vortexx (Post 24529733)
dg144, Do you have some pics you could post... or even better would be a walk around video! I too would like to see panther black on an RS7. I saw it on an SQ5, but it was quite dirty, and parked in the shade so it was hard to really get a feel for the color, which appears have hues of purple in some light and gold in other light.

I'll try to figure it out how to get them up tonight after work, I don't have video and it is 20 degrees and gloomy today here in the midwest so no video today

frenchie_pm 01-15-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dg144 (Post 24529774)
I'll try to figure it out how to get them up tonight after work, I don't have video and it is 20 degrees and gloomy today here in the midwest so no video today

Aww wow! I would love to see an image. Yes please post one. I have also ordered the Matt brushed aluminium trim, privacy glass, and gone for the light leather interior for a contrast.
Thank you for the reply, you've just boosted my confidence in choice.

dg144 01-15-2014 05:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm (Post 24529916)
Aww wow! I would love to see an image. Yes please post one. I have also ordered the Matt brushed aluminium trim, privacy glass, and gone for the light leather interior for a contrast.
Thank you for the reply, you've just boosted my confidence in choice.

here goes I hope this helps
You will love the car, it drives so great if it were any color it would still be super enjoyable.
Attachment 36346

Attachment 36347

Attachment 36348

Attachment 36349

Attachment 36350

Kenshin0930 01-15-2014 06:48 PM

Tis both a BEAUTY & BEAST!!! Having lived with mine for a week now, all I can say is incredible. Never let's down in any circumstance!

frenchie_pm 01-16-2014 10:29 AM

She is beautiful. Bet you can't wait for warmer weather. I have 3 months wait for mine and counting the weeks.
Thank you for sharing.

dg144 01-16-2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm (Post 24530362)
She is beautiful. Bet you can't wait for warmer weather. I have 3 months wait for mine and counting the weeks.
Thank you for sharing.

I love the snow, this beast is a blast, we had quite a winter blast here in the midwest last week and she did great! I am excited to see how it will look on 21"'s I think I will get the black trim wheels

frenchie_pm 01-16-2014 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dg144 (Post 24530417)
I love the snow, this beast is a blast, we had quite a winter blast here in the midwest last week and she did great! I am excited to see how it will look on 21"'s I think I will get the black trim wheels

Haha, I bet it's a blast. The grip is said to be massive. The bonus of Quattro. I have ordered the black trim wheels. They look great, but the dealer warned me they can't be repaired easily so don't scuff them. That's quite worrying don't you think.