AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/new-s6-owner-looking-best-power-options-2858827/)

fastmd 12-26-2013 10:06 AM

New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options

5 Attachment(s)
Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one :)

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.

Vijay 12-26-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by fastmd (Post 24522744)
Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one :)

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.

APR is the way to go for Audi engine tuning in the U.S. Solid product and very good customer support. Both ABT and MTM have a bigger international reputation and make premier products, but their US support is virtually non-existent. I had APR tuning on both my B5 S4 and my B7 RS4. No issues ever. I will doing the same on the S6 come spring time.

rickymp 12-26-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by fastmd (Post 24522744)

I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.

Jeff-AudiUSAParts 12-26-2013 11:41 AM

Congratulations! :)

fastmd 12-26-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by rickymp (Post 24522758)
I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.

Thanks for the positive comments. But, I have a disease and keep anything stock. Even my Cummins Diesel and quad are tuned :D

Delurker 12-26-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by rickymp (Post 24522758)

I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.

DD1546 12-26-2013 09:06 PM

I'll pull over to the right lane

I recognize those guys in the picture. They only gave me $4.5K off when I purchased my S6 6 months ago. You must have thrown in a complementary appendectomy! I know you and will steer to to the right lane when I see you coming. I'm in the Glacier White S6 you will have passed. How do you decide which car to drive in the morning? I believe that even a tuned S6 will only keep pace with the others till around 60.

DD1546 12-26-2013 09:10 PM

PS

No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"

fastmd 12-27-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Delurker (Post 24522878)
I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.

My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.

Originally Posted by DD1546 (Post 24522900)
No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"

I just love the diamond pattern, reminds me of my wife's Bentley.

gatorguy7 12-27-2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by fastmd (Post 24522967)
My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.

I don't think you have to worry about a tune on the S6. There have been no reported problems with any of the tunes from S6 owners. I think that is more relevant than a S4 owner reporting a problem which we don't even know the circumstances on. APR might disagree but I don't think there is that much difference between any of the available tunes. APR just sells more than the rest.