AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/)
-   -   Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/blown-amp-why-no-sound-stereo-2857729/)

jimmyjames72 11-30-2013 04:58 AM

Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo

2004 auda A6 2.7T ..the stereo turns on and lights up and looks like its playing but i have no sound..cant use the cd player or the cassette deck either..it wont even let me eject the cassette that is in there? any ideas?

Just Me 12-02-2013 05:49 AM

In general, you'll have to do some diagnosis. But I'll wager one idea. I have seen stereos lock upand need a re-boot. Find the radio fuse, pull it, and give it another try.

Alternately, did a CD get jammed?

Grant

jimmyjames72 12-02-2013 02:56 PM

pulled the fuse already..number 37 ithink...still nothing...never even had a cd in it...i do have a cassette thing in it to play from my phone but i cant even eject that now..what the heck..

jcman 12-02-2013 03:39 PM

Did your radio work before the cassette aux input adapter?

Chances are that the adapter is jammed causing other problems,
you might have to remove the radio and take it to someone who can take it apart to release the cassette adapter first to see if that remedies the problem, other than that with vagcom you might have a clue with a radio module code or error.

Does your Symphony II have the Sat button feature like my 04, XM is free up to 12/03.

Just Me 12-02-2013 05:03 PM

Oh wait, new info, we put a foreign object in the unit and wonder why it isn't working........

Somehow, get it out. Then report b ack.

O&O.

Grant

GTA_Driver 12-02-2013 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyjames72 (Post 24514341)
2004 auda A6 2.7T ..the stereo turns on and lights up and looks like its playing but i have no sound..cant use the cd player or the cassette deck either..it wont even let me eject the cassette that is in there? any ideas?

What about radio? You didn't specify if you can hear it.

jimmyjames72 12-03-2013 09:40 AM

first there isnt any foreign object in the stereo, its a cassette adaptor you but in and then plug into your phone to listen to music...and yes i dont have any sound at all from the speakers ..the unit powers up and looks like it is playing but i dont get sound.? when i turn it on i get for a split secon sound, then it goes right out....i pulled the radio fuse and then put back in, still nothing..and what does RNS OFF mean? cause that shows up on the radio screen.? does the amp power all speakers and then if so this may have blown out somehow ? its weird though why it doesnt even let me ejeect the casette adaptor or even put a cd in at all either......has anyone ever heard of this?

GTA_Driver 12-03-2013 11:16 AM

Sounds like your radio is having issues. It should accept a CD, and you should be able to switch between CD, Cassette, and Radio modes, regardless of what is inserted into the tape deck.

jcman 12-03-2013 12:09 PM

I'm trying to help you with your problem but you have not answered two of my questions about a "unknown to us" condition before and if you have the SAT feature.

There is a reason for this.

SloopJohnB@mac.com 12-03-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Just Me (Post 24515093)
Oh wait, new info, we put a foreign object in the unit and wonder why it isn't working........

Somehow, get it out. Then report b ack.

O&O.

Grant

LOL….remember when the kid put oatmeal into the VCR…..