Pacific Northwest Discussion

So was I the only one that snuck out yesterday to sample the powder????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So was I the only one that snuck out Wednesday to sample the powder????

14 plus inches at Stevens plus snowing all day. Quite the blast except for the pass closing for 4 plus hours!!!!!

I was still finding powder stashes up to the knees on the last couple of runs!

Last edited by StarkNaked; 03-26-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 AM

It was all I was thinking about while stuck at work. Doing 12hr days, 6 days a week at the shop trying to get a project finished on schedule is hard. While thinking of great riding I was missing made it nearly unbearable.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Larry has issued a new Powder Alert...it's not too late!

Originally Posted by David Leahy
It was all I was thinking about while stuck at work. Doing 12hr days, 6 days a week at the shop trying to get a project finished on schedule is hard. While thinking of great riding I was missing made it nearly unbearable.
Powder Alert-
March 27th - 2009
Powder Alert
Issued 11:24 AM Friday March 27th

For this Saturday & Sunday,
Also later Monday & Tuesday

And that’s not all…
Possibly more quality dumpage later in the week and the weekend of April 3rd, 4th & 5th

The snow w ill persist in the Cascades; with a new storm every 24- 48 hours, for at least another week. These storms are quick hitters. They contain low snow levels and modest to heavy snowfall. The storms are moving in from the NW with incredible regularity. March has been the biggest snowfall month this winter season for the central Cascades.

Here is the scoop on snow:
Both weekend days will be good – I usually favor the receding end of the storm, normally with cooler air and clearing skies.

Saturday; Snow level 2000ft, 1-3” when you show up in the morning, Snowing though the day and increasing – 4-10”, then tapering off late Saturday night and Sunday morning. Storm total about 8-16” plus

Su nday: 2-5” new mainly from overnight, SL 500 - 1500ft, partial clearing. Excellent quality – snowfall decreasing by noon. Possible " cold smoke " champagne powder on high elevation, north facing slopes... ya gotta love that for late March!

Expect snow increasing, again, Monday through Tuesday – then decreasing. New snow: 4-10” SL 2000ft. I am all over it. I am thinking Tuesday or Wednesday as “the day”

Sat & Sun April 4th & 5th – Forecasts are not reliable this far in advance, but I see in my crystal ball (or snow globe): more quality dumpage. Ski areas start to close in mid to late April.

Tips on getting a ski deal and more senseless ramblings of a madman….

Clearly we are in for more fantastic skiing and riding. You may consider some of the enticing late season deals on ski gear/clothing and lift tickets or season passes which are available. You’ll get some pay pack this season, while next season will be partially gravy. Many shops overbought, then couldn't sell due to mid season lack of new snow – they want to get rid of the excess, clear the books – that might benefit you. It’s all about supply and demand – take advantage of their miscalculation – it’s the American way. You are smarter then them – you’ll show em. Bring them to their bargaining knees. Show them who is boss – the customer is always right. How else are we going to get the economy going if we don’t conduct some informed and responsible buying?

We all have to buckle down and sacrifice for the common good. I am doing my part to help the economy by ditching work and skiing mid week more often. My contributions are of marginal assistance to economic recovery, only serving to mask my own self interests. Hey, at least I am not conducting any credit default swaps and putting the economy in a tailspin. My greed is confined to my little world of powder. I will gladly accept powder days in lieu of lucrative, undeserved bonus payments. I am not as greedy as those little creeps at AIG, who couldn’t ski the parking lot at Loup Loup.

Larry Schick
Snow Meteorologist
Poobah of Powder
Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I snuck out Saturday morning to Mount Hood Meadows

For some heavy snow. No poweder to be found as it was above freezing Friday night. It was good exercise though and forced me to work a little harder to stay in control