Pacific Northwest Discussion

People's experiences w/ Achtuning?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People's experiences w/ Achtuning?

Hey there-

Just trying to get a feel for how people's experiences have been doing business with Achtuning. I placed an order a week ago and it has yet to be processed. I called Wednesday and sent an email Thursday... nothing. Nobody answers the phones or returns emails. Is this typical?

thanks,

Andrew
Old 11-13-2004, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol.

Josh? maybe you can correct this "problem"...
Old 11-13-2004, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One would hope. Why is it funny?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: People's experiences w/ Achtuning?

I visited them once. They made me wait and wait and more wait to help me. I finally just left. They are either too busy (not that day),or just too lay back. I don't know. Prompt service is not their priority. They are like a 'hobby shop'. If you're the right type and get them excited, I guess you'll get their attention.

Just one man's one day experience.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Stätus Josh

Default I'm sorry that you've had troubles

We have had some issues with our email this last week due to a faulty firewall/router. It has kept some emails from getting through (both ways). I'm replacing it tomorrow so hopefully it will be fixed by monday. As for the phone calls, not sure when you have tried to call but we have staff there from 10AM - 6PM and it's usually not too difficult to get through, if you get the machine it's best to just try back in 5 minutes. I'll make a note of this to Skyler and one of us will contact you on monday. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2004, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: People's experiences w/ Achtuning?

i asked for a quote for a suspension job but never got a call back. I ended up doing the job myself.. Maybe they were too busy that day or my car is too old and unappealing to them, don't know.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Stätus Josh

Default We like S4s of all ages!

In fact I just picked up a used 95.5 S6. I'm sorry no one called you back. Whenever someone with a urS4 or S6 comes in we try to have them talk to adam our tech, who has owned a few of his own and knows them very well. I'm very sorry you had a negative experience I hope you stop back in again sometime.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:00 AM

Default In the business of car parts we as customers are all about instant gratification.

We all want our stuff done now. Somehow we see ourselves as the single most important client that a company we order from has. We often forget that there are others who have ordered prior to us. We also seem to lose sight of stocking, shipping, product availability, other dynamic issues that can postpone our ever so important item.

Having been through the process a few times I like to think ahead and consider all of the variables and give the appropirate time for services rendered. I have had less than desierable results from just about every Audi tuning product supplier out there, that includes Achtuning.

One thing I can say about Achtuning that I cannot say about some other shops is that they have always honored the products they have sold me. Time and time again they have stepped up and taken responsibility even when that product manufacturer would not.

I, like the rest of you do not have much patience when it come to such things but, I would rather wait for a service that I know from experinece has been backed up with product representation rather than recieve a product quickly only to get little if no support when things go wrong, and they do.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 AM

Default I totaly agree but ...... I AM THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON!!!

I kid, I kid.
They are a great shop and stand behind their work. I've been there waiting and I felt a little ignored, but come on grow some ********* and get over it. They are busy listen to the phones ring. It's not like they chose saw you aw F this guy ...... forget it
Old 11-14-2004, 10:49 AM

Default Support the shops that support the Club.

You will always have issues/problems when dealing with small shops. If the tech is sick, your car will be done tomorrow. You just need to deal with it. It's worth it in the long run.

Quick Reply: People's experiences w/ Achtuning?