Pacific Northwest Discussion

Matrix did great work on both my cars this week. Thanks guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi allaboard, 2 of them have S4's, one had an S4 and A4 and one an A6 and now Boxster...

You're right that haven't installed an exhaust on a B7 RS4 yet simply because we haven't been impressed with the offerings out there so therefore we can't recommend something to our clients will full confidence that they'll be ecstatic. Milltek has a system but we're not big fans of the <commonly leaky> Milltek's for the money, GMG has a system but we've never used their system firsthand (an RS4 client ended up going with a GMG system and it sounds nice), AWE (who we praise for the finest fit/finish/performance/support for the money) doesn't have one out yet. However, the RS4 cat-back isn't radically different from the other B6/B7 vehicles. Downpipes are a bit different.
We haven't chipped an RS4 yet either as GIAC is still working on software, probably debating whether they'll sell it for the small gains they're seeing.

We've done a lot of suspension work on B7 RS4's (I'd say more STaSIS/Ohlins MotorSport kits than anyone around), STaSIS/Alcon brakes too, even done a clutch kit in a B7 RS4. I doubt most other independents will have replaced a B7 RS4 clutch already.

Dean bought his RS4 locally from Rob with the STaSIS/Ohlins, Milltek exhaust, etc already installed. It's a great looking ride lowered (as if the RS4's aren't stock). ;-)

If we can help with anything, please let us know.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Interesting comment Jeremy

So Jeremy what exactly was your point by mentioning I bought my car used with its upgrades? Does that take away from the credibility of what we've done for customer's RS4s? The combination on the car I bought was a winning set-up, we've duplicated it many times and adjusted the product offerings accordingly based on experience. The fact that I was able to buy my car at a significant savings with some great products installed already really has no relevance on our overall knowledge of the RS4 and the products available for it.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry for any confusion Dean, let me explain better...

Perhaps I misunderstood what allaboard was trying to get across. In response to allaboard, I was trying to point out that us not having installed an exhaust on an RS4 doesn't equate to having limited experience with the vehicle. Similarly, having a personal vehicle with certain mods doesn't equate to having direct experience with the vehicle or those mods. I think your statement said it best; "The fact that I was able to buy my car at a significant savings with some great products installed already really has no relevance on our overall knowledge of the RS4 and the products available for it." Your pre-modded RS4 doesn't gain or lose you any credibility regarding RS4's...same goes with us buying a pre-modded RS4 or having installed an RS4 exhaust or not. IMHO in general, credibility is earned, not given.

I would agree that buying a vehicle with choice mods already on it is a good way to go and I would also definitely agree that the STaSIS/Ohlins is a winning setup. I can't say that the Milltek exhausts, while they do sound good, are the best for the money for any vehicle as we've always found them to be a pain to get to seal without leaking. Randy's GMG system sounds pretty healthy.

Best regards,
Jeremy