Pacific Northwest Discussion

I heard Futrell lost all their employees.... can anyone confirm this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cantrell is great. I use Colin for all my work.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Default Official Response -

You guys have always been good to us so this is the only official statement I'm going to make about these rumors on a public internet forum.

The Bellevue store has been a lesson in growing and the pains that go with it, in concept running the store remotely seemed doable, I was often asked while setting the store up how I'd manage it from three hours south, my answer was always, I'll just manage. Once the store was actually opened this proved to be much more difficult than I could have imagined. Over the last year we've recruited a staff, trained some of them and had to let some of them go based on performance. The market for the area is difficult at best to find quality people. I believe my personal lack of familiarity with the area and my lack of presence have also been factors. An example of this is we've had a constant opening for a second tech since May of last year. Late last year I had to make a decision to let one of the sales staff go and this put Rob back in a position where he had to do a lot of multi-tasking until a suitable replacement was found. Rob chose to leave on his own and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. This puts us to the present situation in Bellevue which is there are no technicians and we've been re-scheduling work farther out as I attempt to fill multiple positions. Presently I have two strong candidates for technicians and two strong candidates for store manager, this process will take time however. In the meantime Cody (the Bellevue shop assistant) is on hand to answer questions and perform minor service, software upgrades, etc. To our Bellevue customers, I greatly appreciate your continued patronage and believe these latest developments will only allow for a stronger team as we move forward into 2008.

For our local Portland market, its business as usual we have two technicians (as always) and I am presently acting as one of the technicians while we fill a second position. Our scheduling is normal for this time of year with only a 2-3 day wait for most services. We did have two technicians leave, and I will not discuss the separations publicly, but once again the company will only grow stronger with our new staff choices allowing us to better serve our customer base moving forward.

On a more positive note we have finally moved into our new showroom and waiting facilities in Beaverton, we now have a large showroom, dedicated customer waiting area, customer only restroom and the capacity to double our shop space. We'll be having multiple open houses in the spring once the showroom is totally complete, its one of the nicest of its kind and I'm very proud to call this our flagship store.

Thank you all for your time, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me directly at dean@futrellautowerks.com, I can also be reached by phone at 503 629 5999.

Sincerely,

Dean Futrell
Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Karma is a bitch.

werd.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ayup.

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2134634.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2134634.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Stätus Josh

Default Says the guy who used to work for Dean... Classy!

If you are going to come out and bash me at least be honest with us about who you are and that you worked for Dean.

And if you STFA some more you'd also see that I was more than willing to admit my shortcomings and accept responsibility for them.

BTW, thanks for reminding me how happy I am to be out of the tuning shop business.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default So what?

It's been almost 5 years since I worked for Dean, and I can count on two fingers the times we've talked since. I'm certainly not waving anybody's flag.

I just think that was kind of a ***** thing to say, particularly when your rep in the "tuning shop" business isn't exactly above reproach either.

Kudos, though, for your willingness to admit your shortcomings.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Re: So what?

OWNED