Pacific Northwest Discussion

1985 Brock Yates - Audi Cannonball Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Brock Yates - Audi Cannonball Quattro

just posted photos of my 1985 Brock Yates Audi Cannonball Quattro for those that are interested. Please see albums.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Cannonball Quattro

Originally Posted by Art Teller
just posted photos of my 1985 Brock Yates Audi Cannonball Quattro for those that are interested. Please see albums.
Hey Art,
I remember these cars! Glad to see there is a survivor. I was selling for Porsche Audi back in the 80's and when I came to Brumos Atlanta we had a couple of these and our Jacksonville store had the rest. I sold at least one or two of these to individuals living in the Atlanta area--I see you live in the Pacific Northwest, so was wondering if we might have crossed paths or if you acquired this from someone else. I was with Brumos Atlanta from '85 to '89. I've long since tossed all my sales records from back then but 28 years is a long time.
As I recall, these cars were authorized by Brock Yates to commemorate the Cannonball Sea to Shining Sea Rallies and came equipped with special interiors, wheels, (Gotti's?) and badging. Can't remember if they did anything to suspensions or motors, but do know the cars carried full warranties.
Really cool to see that you've kept one preserved.
I live in Denver these days. If ever in the area, don't be shy.
All the best,
Pat Pilcher
Old 12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Cannonball Quattro

Originally Posted by stealths6
Hey Art,
I remember these cars! Glad to see there is a survivor. I was selling for Porsche Audi back in the 80's and when I came to Brumos Atlanta we had a couple of these and our Jacksonville store had the rest. I sold at least one or two of these to individuals living in the Atlanta area--I see you live in the Pacific Northwest, so was wondering if we might have crossed paths or if you acquired this from someone else. I was with Brumos Atlanta from '85 to '89. I've long since tossed all my sales records from back then but 28 years is a long time.
As I recall, these cars were authorized by Brock Yates to commemorate the Cannonball Sea to Shining Sea Rallies and came equipped with special interiors, wheels, (Gotti's?) and badging. Can't remember if they did anything to suspensions or motors, but do know the cars carried full warranties.
Really cool to see that you've kept one preserved.
I live in Denver these days. If ever in the area, don't be shy.
All the best,
Pat Pilcher
Hey Pat,
Glad to hear you remember the car and me. I believe you are the Pat Pilcher who sold me this one. Ha.... too funny.
It was the perfect vehicle for me at the time and it still satisfies my needs 28 years later. The car has great handling in the snow and rain. Could use more power based on todays standards. I have since retired the Gotti's for showing the vehicle. They are just to nice to loose a rim in a pot hole. Brock would be proud. When I mount the Gotti's I'll post some new photos and show the car as it should be. Audi is the perfect car for Seattle. Snow in the mountains and rain in the city.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Another 1985 Cannonball Quattro

Art,

Just browsing on the internet to see if I could find any 4000s Quattros out there for sale, just to determine value. Came upon your photos. Glad to know there are some other Cannonball Quattros out there, assuming you still have 011. I have 001. Purchased in 1992 while still in Florida. In Michigan now. Can't bear to drive it in the winters since I want to keep it in good shape. Only thing not original (that I know of) are the 5 point Gotti's, which had been switched for standard Audi alloy wheels before I bought it.

Andy Kilpatrick
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default cannonball family

Originally Posted by akilpatrick
Art,

Just browsing on the internet to see if I could find any 4000s Quattros out there for sale, just to determine value. Came upon your photos. Glad to know there are some other Cannonball Quattros out there, assuming you still have 011. I have 001. Purchased in 1992 while still in Florida. In Michigan now. Can't bear to drive it in the winters since I want to keep it in good shape. Only thing not original (that I know of) are the 5 point Gotti's, which had been switched for standard Audi alloy wheels before I bought it.

Andy Kilpatrick
Andy,
Nice to hear another exists. still drive mine and i still love it. lets talk
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

andy,
does it still run? what is the condition of the vehicle? What do you want to do with it?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Another Cannonball Quattro

Haven't started it in a few years, but have rolled it around in gear so I know the engine isn't seized. It's been garaged for the time I've had it except 4 years in VA, when it was covered. It's in fine condition, as far as I know, other than a couple of pin sized surface rust stains on the back of the trunk, a missing Audi badge on the black strip in front of one of the front doors and a cracked windshield. Tires are also not stock size. Recaro front driver's seat has some wear on the left side bolster and differential lock is sometimes slow to release. Plan on making sure it runs this summer and then figure it out from there. If I end up selling it, would want to make sure it goes to someone that appreciates it.

Andy
Old 05-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow great car ! looks so nice !