VCDS/Vagcom: Western Suffolk Long Island?

Old 06-06-2014, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VCDS/Vagcom: Western Suffolk Long Island?

Good morning, I am looking for somebody who has a vag com cable in or near western Suffolk Long Island that is willing to help a fellow Audi fanatic make some modifications. I have a 2013 a5 cabriolet and have caught the mod bug. I really want to see how it works and if I am confident enough to do one by myself in the future. I also think it would be great to meet up with local Audi enthusiast. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to post or pm me.

Michael

Name:  image-3414118187.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  568.5 KB
Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Good morning, I am looking for somebody who has a vag com cable in or near western Suffolk Long Island that is willing to help a fellow Audi fanatic make some modifications. I have a 2013 a5 cabriolet and have caught the mod bug. I really want to see how it works and if I am confident enough to do one by myself in the future. I also think it would be great to meet up with local Audi enthusiast. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to post or pm me. Michael
Attachment 39622
Were you taken care of with the VAG COM mods? If not, I am in New Hyde Park Village and/or Babylon Village. I have helped modded multiple people on Long Island.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for replying. I have not been helped yet and would be interested in speaking with you. That's funny, I was in babylon last night having dinner.
Can you pm me your name and number?
Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
Were you taken care of with the VAG COM mods? If not, I am in New Hyde Park Village and/or Babylon Village. I have helped modded multiple people on Long Island.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thought I'd try piggybacking on this thread before posting a new one. I'm in Eastern Suffolk County but am will to drive a bit. Would really like to meet up and take care of some VAG COM mods.
Feel free to PM, thanks.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Thank you for replying. I have not been helped yet and would be interested in speaking with you. That's funny, I was in babylon last night having dinner.
Can you pm me your name and number?
Sorry for not responding. I have been working and traveling a lot. I am currently working the United Nation General Assembly. I should be available this Saturday. You have my information in PM land.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Finally complete

A big shout out to MonSoonHell. Thanks so much for meeting up with me and giving me so much if your time and knowledge with the vag com. All of the changes you did were great and the price of NOTHING was even better. It's great to get together with other car guys and just help each other out. My invite to help with removing your emblems still stands. By the way. The car is much more responsive now that we added the Drive Select. Thanks again for your generosity. By the way. Your car is awesome.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, from Islip~

I've got a 2000 A6 that had the flooded TCM issue when water leakage went down the wires and formed the Audi aquarium, causing it to rot out.
Got a replacement TCM from ebay for a good price, and it seems to be shifting fine.

However, the dash gear indicators are in the reverse video mode, indicating something's amiss, though it doesn't look like anything is functionally wrong. The center console indicator LEDs work fine, so the magnet on the rubber mat and the Tiptronic magnet is in the proper position (it'll shift up and down properly based on the rpm changes as I do it)
Several times, when I reseated the TCM, or fiddled with the shifter, it came on normally and I thought I was home free, but went reverse video again a few time starts later, without changing anything. It seems to come and go, intermittently, though it takes some fiddling to make it go normal mode.

Can't really justify getting a VAG com for a one time use so I was considering getting it in to a shop or dealer to run a scan, but since I generally don't bring cars in unless I have no alternative, I don't know of any local shops that have the equipment. What do they generally get for a scan? Any suggestions on where?

Wingerr
Old 10-08-2014, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wingerr
Hi, from Islip~

I've got a 2000 A6 that had the flooded TCM issue when water leakage went down the wires and formed the Audi aquarium, causing it to rot out.
Got a replacement TCM from ebay for a good price, and it seems to be shifting fine.

However, the dash gear indicators are in the reverse video mode, indicating something's amiss, though it doesn't look like anything is functionally wrong. The center console indicator LEDs work fine, so the magnet on the rubber mat and the Tiptronic magnet is in the proper position (it'll shift up and down properly based on the rpm changes as I do it)
Several times, when I reseated the TCM, or fiddled with the shifter, it came on normally and I thought I was home free, but went reverse video again a few time starts later, without changing anything. It seems to come and go, intermittently, though it takes some fiddling to make it go normal mode.

Can't really justify getting a VAG com for a one time use so I was considering getting it in to a shop or dealer to run a scan, but since I generally don't bring cars in unless I have no alternative, I don't know of any local shops that have the equipment. What do they generally get for a scan? Any suggestions on where?

Wingerr
Wingerr...I have no problem in helping you...however, I have only VAG-COM'ed the normal mods (winking, LED Brighter, DVD on the go, etc). We can start by conducting a scan of your vehicle and see which code(s) come up. I am off from work Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues. If these days work, let me know.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

MonSoon-

That'd be great if you could give it a scan to see what comes up- hope it's just some minor sensor burp and not something potentially damaging to continue driving with it in the check mode.

Sunday would be good if you have the time. I'll see if I can pm you with contact info, thanks-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VCDS/Vagcom: Western Suffolk Long Island?