Which one is better? Anchor Audi in Lynbrook, NY or Riverside Audi in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ????

Do you even have experience using a service before you bash them ?? this is the very reason why advice like your's is worthless

I got their name when I asked my local Audi dealer who they outsource to do wheel refinishing.. They told me wheels america make rounds twice a week in the tri state area at all the dealers including their's.. I asked one of the boards on here to verify, one of the RS4 guys confirmed this and he uses them himself..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did I mention Wheels America once in my post? My point was clearly that George does quality work and

I trust him.

Was his product inferior? Did he damage your wheels? It seems you bash his services on price alone, which makes absolutely no sense.

He does outstanding work and charges accordingly. I don't know what you had done there and what you had done at wheels america. so it's tough to compare services.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm sure they are fine. My point was not to bash Wheels America or any other repair service.

My point was that George does quality work and is in line with other boutique wheel places.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default talking to you is like arguing with a 9 year old...

I'm sure this comment you made below was referring to some off the wall wheel shop out in NC and not in context of our conversation right??

'Look, if you are happy going to Ghetto Rimz Yo for wheel repairs, good luck on that.'

'I will also say that his prices are not 3xs everyone else.'

dude, that's what this clown charged me... $375 for a wheel job that was $135 elsewhere... It was not quite 3x, but close enough

'He is comparable in cost to most independent reputable wheel repair places. In fact, for many people he has been cheaper than others.'

That is the whole point of my thread, he did not charge those prices at all for me, unless you are calling me a liar..

P.S. I did ask for a George when I was there (per your suggestion), the guy at the desk said there is no George who works here and I dealt with this joker named Mario... (apparently he was new when I was there)
Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You went to The Wheel Guy? I still don't know what you had done for 373. For less than that

I had the tires unmounted, my 3 piece wheels taken apart, cleaned and powder coated, and everything put back together. I thought that was a fair price. And George is the owner so I don't know where you went or who you talked to.

And no, I was not commenting on any place in particular. I was just commenting on the fact that shopping by price alone gets you work accordingly.

If arguing with me is like arguing with a 9 year old; congrats, you are arguing above your age level. And btw, I'm not arguing I don't post here to argue, I have no interest in arguing. You just have this superb ability of being antagonistic and amplifying the simplest of discussions to argument status. At this point you are only arguing with yourself.