Thoughts on Advanced Audi VW in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on Advanced Audi VW in San Francisco

Last week I posted my thoughts on <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/17551.phtml">DM Motors in Palo Alto</a> so I figure it only makes sense for me to finish the car story here for those who may be interested.

So instead of taking the car to DM Motors for the repairs I decided to trust instinct and look elsewhere for the car repairs. I decided to call Advance Audi VW in San Francisco even though I'm in Palo Alto. When I called I spoke with Randy who actually happens to be my dentist son, and discussed what was wrong with the car, and what I would need done. Not only was he easy to talk with on the phone, but was quite knowledgeable about my car. I just got the impression I liked him from talking to him on the phone and he let me know they could look at the car the same day and even provide me with a loaner which was even an Audi.

I drove up to the city and dropped the car off with them around 3 in the afternoon and spoke with Aaron for a bit about cars in general and found we shared common interest and desire to mod. They weren't able to find the leak that day, and I just left the car with them and waited till I heard back from them the next. Since I was planning to go to Tahoe I asked if it would be alright for me to leave the car there for a few days which they said was fine, and I headed up to Tahoe.

I got a call from them while in Tahoe letting me know they had found my oil leak, and that it wasn't as easy (read cheap) of a fix as they expected, but I told them to go ahead with the work cause I just can't have a leaky car. When I got back to town I called and asked about the car, and they let me know they had found some leaks in my radiator (I had suspected that I had those also) and even let me know it wasn't entirely neccesary to replace at the time since the leaks had seemed to plug themselves with the g12 coolant. I told them to go ahead and replace it anyway since I live in Arizona most of the year I can't afford to have a leaky radiator.

The next day I drove back up to the city to pick up the car and pay my bill. Randy was nice enough to show me my old radiator and the nice little holes I had in it. Along with fixing my leaks they also took care of my coolant temp sensor, fixed my air bag light, and provided me with great service. I never felt uncomfortable leaving my car in their hands and feel like they charged me a reasonable price for the amount of work they did.

In the end I'm glad I took the car to them, and not DM Motors. Whenever I am in the bay area and need repairs I will make the drive to visit them because they were stand up guys who knew what they were doing. My car is driving great and I couldn't be happier. I would feel comfortable recommending them to anyone.

I'm tired of typing at the moment, and I'll probably come back and proof read this later. I'm off to go pick my brother up at the train station.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up...I'm sold..and I only live a couple blocks away