Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You've completely lost me here.

Your car is faulty, and polluting. So you have 3 choices :

1) Pay to fix it yourself
2) Get the state to generously fix it for you
3) Get the state to buy it

Just what exactly are you complaining about?

Sounds like you'd complain about anything.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm...

I don't know if you read the entire post but I was complaining that when I was sent to the shop that many low income people are being sent to daily, the shop *did not look at what the problem was, nor did they even look under the hood*. Then they suggested for me to release my car to the state for $1000. You don't see a problem with that? The system is in place to HELP, not to be lazy and disregard people. Those with low income and no mechanical skills wouldn't have any other alternative then to release there car (and in most cases livelihood).

Like I stated in the post, smog is bad and if you cant pass take it off the street, but if the guy at the shop would have even looked under the hood of my car, then I wouldnt have anything to complain about. It's the fact that our already completely fvcked smog system can willingly take advantage of people in a bad spot that urged me to complain.

Im not saying all the shops are like this (as I am sure it would be on Dateline or something by now) but for even just the one shop to act like that is putting people out of there cars every day.

What car can you buy that will reliably bring you to work everyday for under $800? Dont forget, $200 for tax & reg, transfer of title and again smog.

I dont bitch often, nor do I look for things to complain about (actually despise people that whine constantly about this or that). Just wanted to point out California's kicking us in the crotch just that much harder...