Has anyone else hear about Alameda getting a motorsport park at the old Naval Station?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yesssss
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default there are normally ricers over by the base anyway, luckily they can take the webster tube...

and don't wander around the rest of the island too much.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Depending on where. Mazda did their Zoom Zoom Live event on one of the runways, no gravel
Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no no...it was definitely a ways from candlestick. remember heading out there and did the course on

street tires rather then hoosiers due to the surface. got pics somewhere...gotta dig them up...

.....AND FB THEM!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM

Default That's only been talk!! Theres a ton of different groups trying to put down stakes

and lay claim there..
BUT check out this link!!
Rusty Wallace designed and backed by Petty enterprises. I know its a little further then the Naval base but THREE major tracks in or near the bay area? That's huge!! This one is to feature 12 venues with a 3-1/2 mile road coarse! they broke ground in 2007.<ul><li><a href="http://www.rmpracing.com/">This one is for real!</a></li></ul>
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya might wanna search a bit about RMP, so far it's been a controversial proposition

and an equal amount of 'just talk' has transpired there than at Alameda. i believe all there is @ the RMP site right now is a few wooden stakes in the ground. the guy behind it has made a lot of business enemies it seems. considering how long the project has been 'in the works', plus the current economy, it's a massive longshot to ever open its doors, imo. too bad though since the plans look interesting.<ul><li><a href="http://www.modbee.com/local/story/533687.html">check it</a></li></ul>
Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This has been talked about for years and years...

Merced isnt exactly close either. Highplains Raceway outside of Denver is actually happening. Miller Motorsports in UT happened ..so it is possible..but in this environment...it will be very very hard to fund.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 AM

Default I can tell you for a fact...it is NOT happening.

Unless another developer goes in and buys out from the redevelopment agency, this isn't going to happen.

Up until Nov. I worked for the developer that owns the rights to the Alameda Naval Station. Houses...that's what's going there. And THAT'S if they can get a Measure A to pass, which is very doubtful. But if someone wanted to put a track there, they would have to go thru the redevelopment agency to make that happen.

Sure would be a lot easier and cheaper than houses tho! Too bad Alameda sucks. Had to live there for 6 months and it's the worst place I've EVER lived.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Move to Richmond..and THAT will be the worst place you ever lived.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Re; RMP

It's still going in, the two problems they had were 1: some major money backers pulled out last year because they were hit pretty hard do to the **** economy. Because of which RMP decided to curtail the plans back but still built the 12 venues. 2: The lawsuits; are the people surrounding the 1,200 acres. But the Merced Supreme courts didn't rule against RMP they just wanted an additional environmental impact studies done at RMP expense!! But trust me,,, there's a lot more big names behind this track going in then you can imagine. It may take them doing it by the skin on their teeth because of how bad thing are, but it will happen. I talked to the CFO last year and from what he said,,, their moving forward one way or another.
Close to you? In the south bay 152 threw the pass and it's about the same as driving to Laguna Saca or a little shorter. But we're talking about a 3 ½ mile road course! Now that's bad ***!! Org. it was slated to open in 09, we'll see if it still does.