New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Self Repair or Mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self Repair or Mechanic?

Hi! So I recently got a 2012 Audi A6 turbo and I took it to school today, when parking I didn't realize how low the car was so I believe I scrapped it against the curb HARD but I was late for school and forgot about it until I came out of school. It took me a second to reverse and I heard a scrape when reversing so clearly I did scrape the curb, but when I got home I noticed my front fender like this.

Now I can't tell if I broke off plastic pieces and need to take it to a mechanic to have them repair it and put it back on or if I just need to use more force to get it back in place. When I push and lift at the front I can get it in most of the way but the corner where it meets the rest of the car won't go in. Pictures of the bottom in case I ripped it over one of those screws and can't tell. So has anyone else ever had this issue or knows the car structure better?

Please help a girl out

Old 04-25-2024, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,901 Likes on 1,614 Posts

You'd want to ask direct repair type stuff in the relevant vehicle forum: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...iscussion-194/
This is a new member intro forum; most people discussing model repair aren't looking here. It's probably something you can fix yourself, but you have to figure out what's broke to see how it can be fixed. I don't know the C7 stuff; I own a B8. Looks similar mounting concept, but but identical.

When talking bumpers, it's often important to be clear if this is the standard bumper or the sport bumper (s-line, S model). On the vehicle identification sticker (inside the cover of the one of the booklets, also on the sheet metal of the spare tire well) will be a bunch of PR codes. 2K1 or 2K2 would be standard bumper. 2K7 or 2K8 would be s-line (so sport bumper). 2K3 or 2K4 would be S model (S6). So being able to add that piece of info will help get a more appropriate answer.

Looks like you've lost at least the bolt that holds the bumper cover to the fender, as seen at this moment. youtu.be/ykaUAP56XEM?t=225
It's hard to tell which bolt that is meant to be, appears to be bolt 14? https://www.ilcats.ru/audi/?function...10&language=en

But I'm sure once you get this in the view of the actual C7 community, it'll be a quick answer. Whether or not it'll be an easy fix, no idea.