New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Audi A5 TDI Raised Idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 TDI Raised Idle

Hi all,

I have just had my 2021 Audi A5 Coupe 30 TDI S Tronic just over two weeks now and the there is something that is bugging me that I want tot find out if this is normal or take in to get checked.

when in idle after the engine has warmed up I have noticed that the needle will sit on 1 and the auto start/stop with be disabled. When I get out the car the fan is often on. This is generally after I have completed shorter journeys but the engine is upto temperate. Is this normal behaviour for a mild hybrid diesel engine or is it worth getting checked out?

any feedback will be much appreciated as the warranty runs out in 2 weeks so if this is a manufacture problem I would like to get it sorted before then. Thanks all!

Old 04-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's normal for the engine idle speed to fluctuate slightly, especially when the engine is warm and all systems are operating normally. The fact that the auto start/stop feature is disabled when the engine is idling at around 1 on the tachometer is also typical, as the system may deactivate when the engine is at a certain temperature or when other conditions are met.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathannash11
Hi all,

I have just had my 2021 Audi A5 Coupe 30 TDI S Tronic just over two weeks now and the there is something that is bugging me that I want tot find out if this is normal or take in to get checked.

when in idle after the engine has warmed up I have noticed that the needle will sit on 1 and the auto start/stop with be disabled. When I get out the car the fan is often on. This is generally after I have completed shorter journeys but the engine is upto temperate. Is this normal behaviour for a mild hybrid diesel engine or is it worth getting checked out?

any feedback will be much appreciated as the warranty runs out in 2 weeks so if this is a manufacture problem I would like to get it sorted before then. Thanks all!
Hello,

This is normal, my A6 does the same.

Been told its when a car is about to do a DPF regen so revs to get rid of soot.

Nemo