Notices
The New Marketplace (All new FS items go in here) The AudiWorld Marketplace

PIF: 1998 Audi A8, S8 suspension, VGC, 3rd wheel in a 2 car garage, free to good home

For Sale

1998 Audi A8 Quattro

09-13-2021, 10:05 AM | Replies: 8 | Views: 1789
  • 1998 Audi A8 Quattro - PIF: 1998 Audi A8, S8 suspension, VGC, 3rd wheel in a 2 car garage, free to good home - Used - Yardley, PA 19067, United States
  • 1998 Audi A8 Quattro - PIF: 1998 Audi A8, S8 suspension, VGC, 3rd wheel in a 2 car garage, free to good home - Used - Yardley, PA 19067, United States
AudiWorld Member

• Price
    $0
  • Location Yardley, PA, 19067, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WAUBG74D8WN001402
  • Mileage 151,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type AWD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

1998 Audi A8 Quattro.  151k miles.  Fully loaded (both Summer and Winter packages), heated seats front and rear, power adjustable lumbar supports front and rear, CD changer.  The only modifications have been to add the later D2 HID headlights, S8 suspension, 18” S8 – style wheels, and replaced the OE (flimsy) center armrests with the beefy facelift unit. 

The car’s history:  Two owners in its entire lifetime.  I bought it in 2004 from the local Audi dealer; the original owner traded it in with 53k miles for a newer A8.  It was my dream car and I treated it accordingly.  The car has had excellent maintenance; oil changed every 3000 miles (lately, every six months, since I now drive it very little).  I even installed Fumotovalves to make oil changes a snap.  Timing belt replaced at 61k and 125k miles.  No accidents, no body work.

What’s wrong with the car:  The sunroof won’t open.  The washer reservoir has a leak.  There are minor dents on the right front hood and fender where a tree limb fell on it.  The wheels’ finish is corroded in spots and looks ugly.  The transmission has the “hunting” tic; it shifts fine, but at a steady 45 mph it doesn’t settle between 5th and 4th.  [I have the TransGo valve kit, which solves that issue, and was planning to install it at the next transmission oil change (it’s had two already), but haven’t gotten to it.]  To open the glove box you have to pull the cable from underneath, it does not answer to the button.

What’s right with the car:  Everything else.  Runs smooth and drives fine.  Plenty of power, sharp handling, tight steering, great brakes.  All windows work.  Cold A/C.  Hot heat.  All seat heaters heat.  All seat adjustments work.  Seat memory works.  Even has the original radio/cassette player/CD changer, and those all work fine too.  Tracks straight and true, V-rated Pirelli tires have about ¾ of their life left, with even wear across all of them.  No rips, tears or stains in the upholstery.  Has a current, valid Pennsylvania inspection.  Have both remotes and the valet key.

Why I’m parting ways with the car:  My father-in-law recently passed and my wife inherited his car.  It fills the same niche, but has only 30k miles.  We have limited space for cars and the insurance is killing us.  My son can’t use it, he lives in the city and has no place to keep a car.

Here’s the deal.  I know the retail value of these cars is negligible.  I know if I sell it to any commercial outfit, they’re going to resell it to a junkyard which will part it out.  I know if I donate it the charity will also resell it to a junkyard which will part it out.  I also know it runs well even now, and I know I still love the car; the reason I have kept it on as an extra car is that I can’t stand the thought of it being picked over by vultures and then destroyed.  So:  I will give the car, FREE, to a driver (preferably a younger person) who promises to keep it on the road, to drive it, to take care of it.  I mean it.  Do not contact me if your intention is to part it out.  Do not contact me if you want it for a parts car.  But if you want and will keep a car that feels and drives well even today, which even today is one of the best big sport sedans and among the safest on the road, it’s yours.

Last edited by Zumkopf; 01-27-2022 at 12:36 PM. Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

This looks almost exactly like the S8 in Ronin, which made me very aware of the Audi marque. I wish you had posted this during the start of the pandemic- I would've opted for this over my 2013 (not that I don't love her, cuz I do) - what a great deal for anyone willing to take care of this older gal.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Highly interested, I sent you a PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 16 year old just spent 8+ months breathing life back into an aging A6 avant. Very interested! He/I will gladly take it off your hands and try to run it for another 100k+ miles…
Old 03-05-2022, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is this still available? I sent you a PM
Old 03-19-2022, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Still available?

A8 still available? Sent you a message.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Do you still have this car ?

Dudes a certified scammer ! PayPal scam beware

QUOTE=Zumkopf;25629665]1998 Audi A8 Quattro. 151k miles. Fully loaded (both Summer and Winter packages), heated seats front and rear, power adjustable lumbar supports front and rear, CD changer. The only modifications have been to add the later D2 HID headlights, S8 suspension, 18” S8 – style wheels, and replaced the OE (flimsy) center armrests with the beefy facelift unit.

The car’s history: Two owners in its entire lifetime. I bought it in 2004 from the local Audi dealer; the original owner traded it in with 53k miles for a newer A8. It was my dream car and I treated it accordingly. The car has had excellent maintenance; oil changed every 3000 miles (lately, every six months, since I now drive it very little). I even installed Fumotovalves to make oil changes a snap. Timing belt replaced at 61k and 125k miles. No accidents, no body work.

What’s wrong with the car: The sunroof won’t open. The washer reservoir has a leak. There are minor dents on the right front hood and fender where a tree limb fell on it. The wheels’ finish is corroded in spots and looks ugly. The transmission has the “hunting” tic; it shifts fine, but at a steady 45 mph it doesn’t settle between 5th and 4th. [I have the TransGo valve kit, which solves that issue, and was planning to install it at the next transmission oil change (it’s had two already), but haven’t gotten to it.] To open the glove box you have to pull the cable from underneath, it does not answer to the button.

What’s right with the car: Everything else. Runs smooth and drives fine. Plenty of power, sharp handling, tight steering, great brakes. All windows work. Cold A/C. Hot heat. All seat heaters heat. All seat adjustments work. Seat memory works. Even has the original radio/cassette player/CD changer, and those all work fine too. Tracks straight and true, V-rated Pirelli tires have about ¾ of their life left, with even wear across all of them. No rips, tears or stains in the upholstery. Has a current, valid Pennsylvania inspection. Have both remotes and the valet key.

Why I’m parting ways with the car: My father-in-law recently passed and my wife inherited his car. It fills the same niche, but has only 30k miles. We have limited space for cars and the insurance is killing us. My son can’t use it, he lives in the city and has no place to keep a car.

Here’s the deal. I know the retail value of these cars is negligible. I know if I sell it to any commercial outfit, they’re going to resell it to a junkyard which will part it out. I know if I donate it the charity will also resell it to a junkyard which will part it out. I also know it runs well even now, and I know I still love the car; the reason I have kept it on as an extra car is that I can’t stand the thought of it being picked over by vultures and then destroyed. So: I will give the car, FREE, to a driver (preferably a younger person) who promises to keep it on the road, to drive it, to take care of it. I mean it. Do not contact me if your intention is to part it out. Do not contact me if you want it for a parts car. But if you want and will keep a car that feels and drives well even today, which even today is one of the best big sport sedans and among the safest on the road, it’s yours.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by pjmarrocco3@gmail.com; 01-12-2024 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Dm me if you are still selling
Old 02-27-2024, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default This dudes a scammer

Ya he will gladly “give you this car” as soon as you give him your personal information and send money to his PayPal account that he says will be to cover shipping the car …Dudes a scammer why do you think this car has been “free “ since 2019 yet he is still trying to give it away …beware dudes a pedo scammer