I <3 Brian's Garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I <3 Brian's Garage

I havent been there in a while, so I forgot about the 'way' he is - smart guy, in your face challenging you all the time.

He told me it is stupid to replace the control arms together as a kit, and it is better to replace them only when they fail... I said the car has a lot of miles on it and I bought a kit and its better to do it all at once to save on labor ... agree to disagree i guess.

I then told him I wanted to use aluminum uprights not cast iron because aluminum ones save 6lbs per corner.... the guy in the background interjects "oh god, you are from the internet arent you?!" LOL

He is obviously one of the best vw/audi mechanics in boston - i dont know why i dont go more often.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there once, never again. Plenty of shops will do the work without being snooty.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Haha where is brians garage?

I am from the online... harold and kumar - amazing movie.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Brians Garage is the best repair shop in the whole wide world!! :D

The commentary that Brian provides make the visit unlike any other shop you will ever go to. Truly an entertaining experience. Truthfully, I wish I could be Brian. He is a legend in my book.

By the way, " Hi Brian", he loves reading posts on Audiworld and reporting them back to me every time I unleash my E-thuggery on here hehe.

And yes, the comment you heard in the background at the shop is Classic Stu. There is only so much that our internet research can do for you, when it is the actual Independent Audi service guys who have seen what works and what fails on the larger scale.

Those guys rock, it sure would be fun if they posted on here. But I do like the spy aspect of them lurking on here to later push my buttons when my car inevitably breaks down and I go grovelling for an appointment lol
Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I've always wanted to ask Brian why he ever uses anything larger than a 1/4" driver

A 1/4" driver is strong enough to torque almost any bolt on the car (outside of engine guts of course). Audi made the car so that the 1/4" driver is all he needs.

So why does he ignore Audi's intentions and use a 3/8" or larger driver? Does he think he knows more than Audi?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Needham

<ul><li><a href="http://www.briansgarage.com/v3/">Brian's</a></li></ul>
Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am not sure if thats better or worse than Tony

who would just rather not talk to you at all
Old 10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hahahaha

I couldn't stand their attitude back in '03 and I haven't been back since.

Arguing with me is one thing. Insulting me and telling me only an idiot would modify an Audi is entirely another.

Sorry, this car was NOT designed by brilliant engineers. Well, it was, but then the beancounters cut off $0.50 here and $3.46 there and pretty soon the car had serious deficiencies that can be corrected.

Or does Brian blame 'the internet' for the fact that my original Audi-engineer-designed (heh) bypass valves failed at 10k miles with a bone-stock car and no track days? And the 710N valves have lasted for years on stage 3 with numerous track days?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I'd say it's worse

"It's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it"
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Another funny point of his hypocrisy/idiocy is when he gets upset that customers want...

...things like 710Ns which are the newest version of a part <i>which Audi upgraded on their own</i>, and not the original lousy parts <i>which even Audi agreed was junk</i>.

Quick Reply: I <3 Brian's Garage