Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

LOL at Audi Care not including the water pump. <shakes head>
Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratham Audi folk are "car guys". I was there 2/9 also. I was standing out back when you left.

My car was in for the 55K service as well.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ditto. That's like doing a tire rotation but not checking/adjusting the tire pressure...

....I've had my share of service issues with the dealers. NEVER again will I bring my car to an Audi dealer for maintenance (unless recall or warranty-related and even then, I'm a bit concerned). I'm fully convinced a good indy mechanic is the way to go -- especially if you plan to keep you car between 100 to 150+K miles.

At the dealer, you might get a free wash/vacuum and a comfortable waiting area -- but it only masks the fact that your car just received subpar service. And it's only a matter of time when you take your car to an indy and they point out issues caused by the dealers. For me, it was stripped oil pan plugs, broken subframe bolts (cost me $1K to fix)...and so on.

I don't blame the mechanics or service advisors at these dealerships -- it's just the system that they work in.

My perspective:

Indy = Service done by enthusiasts (with lots of real life experience in Audi's)

Dealer = Service done by a general automotive mechanic (using a Bentley repair manual.)

Rant: over.

FYI - My previous Audi dealership was: Bernardi and Wagner; my current Indy shop is Shine Racing.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So you saw me trying to turn around to avoid going through the puddle? I remember...

someone standing there watching me, thinking I looked like an idiot for trying to avoid a puddle, but they had just washed it!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Since John Carter is gone, is there a salesman there you normally deal with?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think the guys @ Brookline base their service on whether they like you or not

They clearly did not like me or my wife. At the end of my relationship with Brookline, I made an appt to return my then leased ride to them (the car was leased through them). When I got there one of the managers said he wasn't taking the car because he didn't have room for it and walked away from me.

I took the plates off the car, walked in and told him he was going to take the car and like it. He took the car, but probably didn't like it.

They routinely botched service...
One time someone didn't properly connect the fuel line and it disconnected just as I got down the street) I fixed it on the side of the road. Call to manager went unreturned.

Once we dropped the car off for a whole series of warning lights. Car sat on their lot for 3 days with no call back on the problem. I called and they said it was ready, but couldn't tell me what the problem was. When I arrived to pick it up, I noticed the car was in the exact same space I parked it in 3 days prior. (if you know their lot, you know that if they moved the car, there was slim chance of it being put back into the same spot 3 days later)
No one could tell me what the problem was. The woman at the pickup window just said the work was done. Getting in the car, it was clear that no one had even so much as opened the door on the car. I started it up and the dash was still lit up like a christmas tree. Back inside I go and asked for someone to give me an explanation. All I got was attitude and 3 more days in the shop. Call to service manager went unreturned.

There are several other issues we had as well, but no need for a book.
I never received one call back from any manager at Brookline re service screw ups.

I've since purchased 2 Audis elsewhere. We're considering a 3rd in the next year and Brookline won't be on the list to call.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

See Bob Ludwig. He takes good care of me.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks, hopefully in the market in about a year and a half. Might be some CPO's A5's by then.