Good dealer experience today........

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good dealer experience today........

My 11 year old had some academic testing today in Concord, NH which went quickly, and since I hit 55k miles on the trip, I phoned Stratham Audi on the off chance they could squeeze me in. The service advisor told me to come right on in and they could do the 55k service right away, as well as the fuel tank rollover valve recall(at his suggestion). They took my car in right away and we spent the next 2.5 hours sitting in all the cars in the showroom and walking the lot. They have a nice silver TTs in the showroom, as well as a red A5 and supercharged A6. They also have a Stasis equipped A4 on the lot, and a sprint blue S4, has a cool carbon fiber trim on the lip. I'm about 1.5 years away from a new car, so this was an early recon mission, and I'm still not sure if I would get another A6 for practicality, or get the A5 (or S5!) and deal with the backseat thing.

Anyway, they did the recall and 55k service, washed the car, vacuumed it, total cost: zero dollars. I bought the Audi Care when I bought the car, now its starting to pay off. I talked to the service advisor about the timing belt service, which is covered under the Audi Care plan, but does not include some items, like the water pump. Obviously makes sense to pay a little and have them do it all at the same time.

BTW, in the time I was there, not one customer came in, and the phone only rang a few times. It was dead!!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Glad to hear that, I had the opposite at Brookline Audi today...

Parts department said they would have my parts by this past Saturday when I was ordering parts on thursday, to which is responded, ok I will pick them up on Monday.

Take the T out to brookline hills, and low and behold, the parts guy says they are coming tomorrow morning (tuesday)...

Totally screwed up my work schedule, and just plain pissed me off.

Best part the parts were in Hartford, which if I was home is 15 minutes from my house. Awesome.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Brookline has the worst, most crooked parts and service of any dealership

Bar none, the worst I've ever dealt with. Screwed up services, charged for work that wasn't done and attitude across the board.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

wish I knew in advance... easiest for me to get to though.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brookline Parts and service

c....s.ckers !!! I feel bad for the techs who work under some of the not so good writers
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Personally, I have nothing but good reviews- Jeff at service is a great tech. No bad experiences

Bought and service all my Audis over there. No complaints
Old 02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sorta good and bad story about Brookline....

First the good story:
My tire shop lost my OEM wheel lock (well, so I thought, but then I found it months later in my lawn...oops). I called up Brookline VW/Audi and pleaded with a few people to see if I could borrow their master to help me get it off.

I show up there on my lunch break but the guy I spoke to wasn't around and everyone else claimed that there was no magical 'master' wheel lock set. I spoke to their "master technician" who basically told me that had 30+ years of experience and that he had never heard of a master wheel lock set. Granted, I might not have been using the correct terminology, but I finally gave up and went to the parts counter to inquire on some adhesive I was looking to buy.

While the guy was looking up the price on the adhesive, I started talking to him about the wheel locks and he goes, "oh, *this* master lock set?". So I ask if I could borrow it so that I could get the lock off my car and he says to go talk to the master mechanic again.

After pleading with the master technician (who wanted me to make an appointment an bring the car in), he relented and let me change out my wheel locks in their parking lot.

Now for the "Bad" story:
That adhesive I wanted? They wanted about $30 for it but didn't know how long it would take to get, so I passed. I went back to my office and found the same adhesive at Riverside for like $11.

OK, so neither story was great..but Brookline *did* eventually come through and let me borrow their wheel lock set, so I should throw some kudo's to them.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff "B" is still there? decent guy
Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let me add that my last visit, when it was Dover Audi, was not so good....

car was covered in seagull sh!* and there was no one to be found to complain to, so I took the car and left. Luckily, no permanent damage to paint, clear coat. John Carter is no longer there, either, for those of you who knew him. Word is he is selling Dodge now.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice to hear, and too bad about the lack of floor traffic...

...sales are way down across the board. Dealerships must be dying, so the smart ones are making the service experience "better" than before to at least keep that income flowing.

Quick Reply: Good dealer experience today........