Wow, what a race and what a ending...
Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep but yet again : POOR KIMI !
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Yep but yet again : POOR KIMI !

Yep. How does one say "Fvck" in Finnish?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 AM

Default They might have heard something like "Paska" or "Helvetti" Finn's usually don't swear in public ;-)

But I'd like to hear THAT conversation from Kimi to the pits....it seems like that the Iceman is melting....
Old 09-07-2008, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes, I'm getting sick of saying that! but this time it really does apply...

that was a hellava drive though on the opening laps. and the last few laps were fun to watch right up till....ohhhhh noooo! oh well
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default RACE SPOILER INSIDE... I'm a Kimi and Lewis fan but I don't agree with your "poor Kimi"...

Statement. He's the one that made the mistakes (please read on)...

<b>Thank you Spa! What a fantastic race!</b>

What a great start for Lewis, Kimi and even Massa. Some other in the back field made great starts too!

Hekki WTF man? Then that stupid move on Webber?! I think McLaren needs to start looking somewhere else for a good second driver. In the end he stopped off track on the last lap for unknown reasons at this time. I'm running out of patience with Heikki, sorry.

Now on the second lap Lewis made a huge mistake and let Kimi go by to control the race. To add to that McLaren's timing let Lewis out in traffic and he fell 5 or 6 seconds behind Kimi in the second stint. Both cars and drivers were evenly matched and it was all going to come down to the third stint of the race. Massa was in his own world in third place but had no where the speed to match Lewis and Kimi. Bourdais was in fourth after a great weekend so far and that was great!

Fast forward to the last five laps...

Most of all the players are in their places that have been for a while and unless something is going to happen that's the way it's going to finish. With about 4 laps to go the drizzle starts and all of a sudden, Lewis (around 1.8 seconds behind Kimi) starts to reel him in and the race is on...

Now more rain is falling at a harder pace. Lewis tries to take Kimi on the outside. You can tell the McLaren is a lot more at ease on the rain. Kimi to protect his position brake late (locked up wheels with smoke). This pushes Kimi's car towards Lewis' car giving him no choice but to take the escape route or else Kimi would have bumped into the McLaren no ifs and buts here!

Of course because of his late braking, Kimi looses all the momentum out of the turn and Lewis comes out ahead on the circuit but <b>very quickly lift his foot and lets Kimi by and re-take the lead, again no ifs and buts about it!</b>

Kimi is now ahead of Lewis and the two race down to the next corner where Lewis takes the lead from Kimi until a spinning Williams ends up in front of Lewis' car (and Kimi to a lesser extent) making Lewis go onto the grass to the left to avoid it (I thought his race was over for a second or so). Kimi goes to the right to avoid the Williams then goes wide in a turn and looses it and smacks the wall on the other side of the track not too long after that.

Lewis almost looses it a couple of times in the last two laps so does Massa which at this point as decided to completely slow down to save his second position and points (good move).

Mean while at the back things are getting exiting. Heidfeld it seems had decided with only two laps to go to go for the inter rain tires and it paid off big time. He past 4 or 5 cars (on the outside) in the last section of the race to finish in third place... Gutsy move my man!

Some comments...

It was a brilliant victory from Lewis. Although I thought he threw the race away on the second lap he more then made up for it in the closing laps which brings me to this...

It shows to beyond any doubt that Ferrari will stop at nothing to win. How in the Hell can they even ask for a protest on the "Lewis move"?

I like Kimi and I'm a supporter of is (too bad he is in the wrong team) and I'm sure he as nothing to do with this but look closely at three perhaps four moves he made in this race which I think were perhaps not fair play.

First one... Massa complained about it in his post race interview. He said "he could not understand why Kimi had done that, he was much faster than me and there was no need for it" He nearly pushed Massa into the grass down the strait (not too cool especially when you're doing it to your own team mate).

Second one... That pass Lewis tried on Kimi on the outside was legitimate and only Lewis backing off by going onto the escape road saved the day. Don't forget Kimi had locked up his wheels with rubber burning so effectively he had braked too far into the turn and proof of that was he lost all his momentum out of that turn.

Three one... Down the strait after the prior incident with Lewis in tow, how many times did Kimi zig zag in front of Lewis to prevent him from going by? I'm not sure because I couldn't see the replay of that move more than once or twice but any how there is a set limit by the FIA and I think Kimi might have gone over that limit.

Fourth one... Once Lewis passed him prior to the next turn, Kimi again braked late and tagged Lewis' car.

Now I ask who deserves to be protested against here?

If ever they take away Lewis' win here on this protest it will show to everyone that knows racing and loves F1 that the F in FIA stands for Ferrari. Like the commentators said on TV it is not even worth for the race officials to look at that protest because it was clean with no rules broken.

I'm sorry to say but I now think it's time for Ferrari to come to the conclusion and ask from Kimi to help Massa win the driver's championship because although I like Kimi better, Massa so far as been better this year. This race could have been Kimi's race for his come back but he threw it away along with at least 8 points (second place finish). It is also the second race in rainy conditions that he performs miserably and it make me wonder if he still as it in him to win the driver's championship.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Yep but yet again : POOR KIMI !

Kimi has tarnished his iceman moniker today. He had it, convincingly, and threw it away. LH seems destined to get the WDC this year. Assuming Kimi fulfills his contract for next year, I think he will rethink his conditioning and off track ventures. It was said here before that without MS's technical input that Ferrari would suffer, and I can't help but believe that some consideration to that is warranted. I haven't even looked at the points yet, but the momentum is clearly on LH and FM's side.
Paska indeed.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sadly, I have to agree with your points and the need for Ferarris to give priority to Massa.

As much as I like Kimi (and wishes he were still with McLaren), he made his own bed.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Default HUGE 2nd- (more spoiler inside)

it's SO WRONG that they've penalized him and given the win to Massa. Ferrari were more @ fault with the taps here and there and after all people - this is racing !*%^*&amp;
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There is nothing poor about.....

four single car incidents in about 45 seconds.

Kimi made the mistakes, not the crew, not the car. Lewis and many of the others around Kimi were on the same tires. The cause of the incident was 100% driver.

The worst move was his blocking at La Source, where he tried to anticipate Hamilton and moved out of his way.

So shaken by that, apparently, he overdrove the entire next minute having three spins/offs, crashes.

Pure driver error. Too much pressure, apparently.

Mike S

Quick Reply: Wow, what a race and what a ending...