Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

NE1 out there using Traqmate? If yes, would you recommend it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NE1 out there using Traqmate? If yes, would you recommend it?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.traqmate.com/">http://www.traqmate.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would recommend the AIM stuff...

<ul><li><a href="http://www.aimsports.com/auto/index.html">AIM</a></li></ul>
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Look into the g2x. I have that and love it

I was between the Traqmate and G2X. Went with the G2X because of it's expandability. THe display was nicer than the Traqmate. Software takes a bit of getting used to, but is easy to learn (even for a computer illiterate like myself).

Both the Traqmate &amp; G2X have software you can download &amp; play with.

AIM, Stack, etc are the top of the line brands, but are overkill for the more casual user. Plus, you will spend 2-3 time as much.<ul><li><a href="http://www.g2xtreme.com/main.htm">G2X</a></li></ul>
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. Looks like a great product.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. It does look better than the Traqmate.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I just ordered a Traqmate... I'll let you know what I think. The G2X looks killer, though!

I went with the Traqmate with the 3rd party sensor adapter as I had first hand accounts of it working well. G2X looks to have a slicker dash set up, but I didn't have any first hand recomendations from folks using it.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let us know how it works out for you once you get it.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 PM

Default I bought a traqmate complete

I purchased a traqmate complete about a month ago and I LOVE it!!! Awesome piece of equipment and have done two events (Autobahn south and blackhawk) with it and have already loaned it out for comparison data. IT has been a real eye-opener and I am finding lots of little ways to gain a half second here, half second there.. eventually thats going to add up to one fast lap!!

I did some Intarweb comparisons between G2X and Traqmate complete and found them to be very similar in function. Both are expandable but the traqmate requires either a $50 adapter for rpm's or $150 for a adapter that does RPM's and like three other sensors (throttle and steering would be nice?) anyhow, the expansion comes later. For now, I decided on SOFTWARE, which you can download/install/try both of them before you buy. the traqmate software traqvision seemed much more intuitive and just had a more "fun" feel to it. Maybe not the most serious choice, but it has not let me down in analysis options and very cool to play with! I consider both these devices to be data acq for newbies or hobbyists... rather than F1-caliber or other pro racing systems (which can cost 4x as much... or more). Traqmate (and g2x) are both pretty easy to swap between cars.

I think both are probably great product... i just prefer the traqmate software.

HERE is some of my data (and an RX-8) from Blackhawk Farms and HERE is some analysis from Autobahn south course vs my buddy's SRT-4. Very cool stuff and can definately make you faster through knowledge. Helps to ahve other cars/drivers to compare with.

and a data overlay movie I made with my BHF footage:
http://www.sokikuya.com/BHF_7-28-06-xvid.avi

(encoded with xvid)
Old 08-16-2006, 06:33 AM

Default I put AIM in a different category...

An AIM MXL pista with GPS options will run you atleast $2,300 by the time everything is added up. Without the GPS option, you need a track-side beacon (not needed with traqmate or G2X), you cannot do maps on any trackvision video overlays, and sometimes cannot compensate for track elevation changes.

w/ the AIM GPS option, it is still WAY more difficult and/or time consuming to install... which is not a big deal for a single car but when you want to swap it into somebody elses car to either compare driving lines or vehicles, its not very practical. AIM is definately a more "serious" data acquisition. Without a doubt, I'm sure it has some very valuable stuff and probably does more than a traqmate/g2x but its going to cost a lot more, be a lot more complicated, and not easy to swap into a different vehicle. Just a different class of product.