MD/VA/DC GTG

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD/VA/DC GTG

A number of people have expressed interest in a MARYLAND - VIRGINIA - DC get together this summer (mostly on Audi Forums, Audizine), so I am going to take the lead and hopefully get this thing started.

Lets make this thing happen August 4th. That is the first Saturday in August, that gives everyone pleanty of time to plan. I'm in Baltimore and have no problem driving anywhere. But, I thing we could get some good group shots by the Inner Harbor and/or docks by my place. Again, I am open to suggestions.

Anyone have any suggestions on some good roads we can cruise? Long and twisty would be ideal I'd say, but again I'm up for anything.

I am going to put together a list serve of everyone interested, so post your email on here or PM it to me and that way we can all stay on top of it.

So far we have about 10 of us interested, I'm looking forward to finally getting something together, and hopefully a good turnout.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Since this is your very first post...

how about an intro to let us know who you are?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Since this is your very first post...

sure....

First post on here, but I definitely get around on some of the other forums. Live in Canton, in Baltimore City. Grew up in Silver Spring so I've been her for a while...

Currently have 2 96 A4 2.8Qs,

Silver/Black w/ 18x8 hp evos, h&r sport springs, full custom exhaust, custom heat shield, ecodes, 4300k Xenons, painted lowers, and probably some more small stuff I am forgetting.

and the other is Pearl White/Black that I picked up from a police auction, and am just now finishing fixing up so I can sell it.

Just a fellow Audi enthusiest in the area, looking to get together with everyone else...

How was that for an intro?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 AM

I'm out. i work on saturdays. Sunday Morning/Afternoons work better.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool! Welcome!

First I've heard of someone picking up an Audi at the police auction. Was it stolen or confiscated?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not really sure...

Got it for $900 at an auction that happens every other wednesday here in Baltimore. I think it was involved in a chase and possibly spike-stripped, and drug searched. All 4 tires were flat, 2 shredded. Some of the interior was pulled up so looks like the po-po was looking for something.

I had to put a new front passenger door on, rotors, pads, cv boot, front and rear wheel bearing and other minor stuff. Just waiting to have someone put a new windshield on it this weekend, get inspected and sell that bad boy.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 AM

Does the pearl have the wide license plate opening? Interested in a swap on the trunklid?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I will have to check this weekend...

It's in a private parking garage right now, and I probably wont have time to look at it for a few days. Don't all the 96's have the large plate opening? Possibly interested in a trade, I'd have to see what yours looks like, and would put you in charge of swapping out the lock and such, because I have done enough to that car as it is. I'll let you know....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default If you don't offer alcohol, no one from AudiWorld will come

AWMA = alcoholics
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We are not alcoholics

alcoholics have a problem

:-P

Quick Reply: MD/VA/DC GTG