Event: Deutsche Marque Concours Sunday, May 04

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Event: Deutsche Marque Concours Sunday, May 04

Deutsche Marque Concours

Nottoway Park, Vienna, VA

Wash and shine up the ride and bring it out for the 25th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours on Sunday May 4th (rain date Sunday, May 18th). For the fifth year, PCC-ACNA is participating in the Concours along with NCC-BMWCCA, the GWS-MBCA, and PCA and hoping to continue building our turnout!!!

What is a Concours?

A concours is a "clean-car contest" and car show. Vehicles are judged by its condition, appearance, and cleanliness. For the Audi Club, this event will offer two classes: Street (top-only judged) and Display (people's choice). "Top-only" is where the exterior, interior (including engine bay), and luggage compartment are judged. The "Display" class is one that involves the general public and participants vote by a "people's choice" ballot to determine the winner. As in the past, racecars are also welcome to participate.

# Tentative Schedule: 8:30 AM - Grounds open to show participants for placement onto the field.
# 9:00 AM - General admission to the public begins.
# 11:00 AM - Display and show cars must be on the field and in place.
# 11:00 AM - Judging begins. Cars not in place and on the field by 11:00 am will not be allowed to show.
# 3:00 PM - Scores are tallied.
# 3:30 PM - Wine and Cheese Reception. Awards will be given at the reception.

PLEASE NOTE: This concours is an all day event. Resources are spent in preparation prior to the show, as well as on the day of the event, by both event planners and participants. If you enter the event, please be prepared to stay through the awards presentation. If your vehicle places in its class and you and the vehicle have departed, the award will be given to the next runner-up in class. Additionally, please be mindful that cars not registered and displayed in the show should not be parked in the show field.

PCC is not charging an entry fee to participate in the event. However, you must register beforehand to display your car, so we can plan accordingly for needed space. Tickets to attend the Wine & Cheese Reception are $10 each. Trophies and awards will be announced at the reception, so if you plan on displaying and would like the chance to take home a trophy, you will need to purchase a reception ticket. There is no charge to attend the event as a spectator. If you have any questions, please send an email to Roberto.

You DO NOT have to be a member of ACNA to participate in this event. The event is OPEN TO ALL AUDI OWNERS who wish to participate in the show!

To register, click the link below<ul><li><a href="http://www.innorevtech.com/acna/calendar.php?event=124&amp;view=3">Register for the Deutsche Marque Concours</a></li></ul>
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

whoa, you're alive!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes indeed.

Been way too busy recently. I was in Alabama all last week. I got back and had too much to do this week to prep for another business trip to San Antonio next week. Good thing I didn't go, because I still have more to do today, before I take off for the weekend.

And yes, I am actually going to miss this show. Second year in a row!! UGH!