Anyone know a good Virginia Lemon Law attorney?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it might if you could make a case for removing the bulb in the CEL socket being tampering with the

emission control system or warning system...then it's a Federal offense.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My lawyer-in-training girlfriend says it's probably breach of contract for material...

Misrepresentation. Small claims court or get a lawyer!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let's take a step back here for a minute.

if someone desoldered the actual LED for the CEL just to sell the car than that is fraud - especially if it were a dealer/reseller. However, 20 stored codes for an "electrical fault" could accumulate rather quickly over a simple issue exacerbated by a dead battery or other one-time incident. What are the codes? Were they cleared and came back immediately? Is the car modded (likely with an S4.? Is the car running right? Was it running right when you bought it? Does 3rd gear make the rotation of the earth change for a brief moment?

If a dealer or other car reseller sold the car it is likely that the former owner hacked up the CEL. How many times do people joke about constant CELs on Audis especially modded ones. I've never heard anyone talk about doing that to a CEL but I'm sure it has crossed people's minds. I don't know if this is as much an issue on the B6 as much as the B5.

I guess I would want to hear more about the situation before recommending lawyering up.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Lemon law only applies to original owner and for the first 12k miles or 12 months

I have only had one car bought back under "lemon law". the circumstance is such that the car had a problem with a noise in the dash. They had a 3.6 Q7...early vin number and had alot of problems. Audi got them out of the vehicle and put them in a new one...with a few dollars out of there pocket for "use". It was about a 6 month process. I had the dash out 2 times for inspection from corporate...with no results they thought it would be best to replace the vehicle.
If that vehicle is resold...i will be disclosed but it may take as much as 6 months for carfax to catch up with it. The only thing you can do is put pressure on the place you purchased the car from. Good luck!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Default So spill the beans... where did you buy it from?

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/midatlantic/msgs/272043.phtml">Link to purchase post...</a></li></ul>
Old 03-08-2009, 12:38 AM

Default small claims limits damages to $2000 if i recall, so probably wrong court

material misrepresentation also only applies if the immediate seller knew or should have known about it. unless it was bought directly from the first owner, fat chance proving who did it.

need more info.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Default Details of problems

That link was for one another one that I was looking at, not the actual one that I bought. I am not going to spill the beans yet on where I bought it. I'll tell you that it wasn't private party and was a used card dealership in VA. I am going to give them a chance to make it right before I start with the negative publicity.

The car, to me, seems to run fine with the exception of poor performance below 2k rpm and a brief hiccup at 4800 rpm. Once I hit 2k its like hitting a power band and the car wakes up with power. The car is seemingly stock. There are no aftermarket performance parts on it. I do not know if the ECU has been mucked with.

I need to scan the car again today where I'll get a listing of codes. There was literally at least 2 codes in every module of the car. Most of them were voltage too high, or voltage too low. The codes from the Engine module for example were misfires in every cylinder and injectors shorted to ground. If all the codes that i saw were true, this car shouldn't be running.

If someone around the area of germantown, bethesda, dulles, leesburg wants to look at it today with a VAG I'd be more than happy to show you the car. Let me know what you opinion is.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:04 AM

Default I'm in Falls Church if you want a scan...

It would be interesting to see what I can find looking at the car itself. Call me.

202-277-1113
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If a momentary problem happened and then corrected itself, the code will remain

Just because the code is there, doesn't mean that the problem logged is happened right now. Something could have happened two years ago, and unless someone cleared the codes with the VAG tool, they will still be there.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

I'm in Gaithersburg if you need a scan

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good Virginia Lemon Law attorney?