I can officially say...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'd eventually like to pony up for Stasis MS.....keyword: *eventually*

but...like I said...there's no point until I get an LSD in the back (I'm sure Oliver has some pre-LSD stories). The MS C/O will also allow me to put some more rubber under the car and keep me off the bump stops in certain situations.

I've been traveling the slippery slope that is developing a car. Once the driving ability gets to a certain level...you just sort of *know* what needs to be done to make the car "right".

As far as tires. Drive my car on R-Compounds and try to convince yourself that street tires are "OK"...hehe

I guess I'm just traveling down a completely different path from what most do. I'm a different type of driver looking for different things. I get my jollies competing against other cars and a stop watch and understanding what makes the car do certain things. Then you have the complete opposite where some get theirs by saying, "I've driven *insert track here*". Of course you have everything else that falls in-between.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For $115 I got more track time at Gville than I or the car wanted.

I would love to autox but the ones I have been to, required standing on hot asphalt, corner marshalling and finally getting your 1 min, 7 seconds of fun (maybe twice).

I would argue that I learned more in that track day than I could have in half a dozen autox's just because of the length of seat time. Granted, G'ville is little more than one big autox, but I believe it was the continuity of the experience that made the difference.

I have been through Florida's EVOC course (all cops, ambulance drivers, fire truck drivers have to pass) and it is basically a big autocross with some emergency manuevers thrown in. I raced motorcross/flat track/TT/scrambles for 3 years and I've been through several motorcycle schools as well so I think I'm a decent judge of learning modalities.

It's like anything else- if you want to get really good really quick, immersion is the best way. A well organized track event with good instructors will provide saturation up to the student's capacity.

That said, I am planning on going to an autocross here in Brevard county sometime this summer.