Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Updates on two important issues that members have been asking about...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Teller
Folks I need to take some time away due to a really serious family emergency. I want you to know that I am not dodging any of the recent feedback and remain committed to AudiWorld long term, but my priority is my family. Thank you.
Sorry to hear, but it's good to know you have your priorities right. Family comes before work every time.

Best Wishes!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all the best Jason, good luck.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best of luck and hope it works out okay.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Take all the time you need.

If AW survived last week, it can a survive for a while without JET. No worries.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Joey T

I didn't post my tech article on an IB web page, and I don't want it on one. Please delete my account.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Guru

Default SRLY? Why?

Why deprive people the knowledge? I would think someone like you would support both forums.

Kris makes a valid point too.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Joey T

Really Kris?

All that free advertising I got.. no, wait, I couldn't even *talk* about my shop. I got squat from here. I did more work for free on forum members cars to help support the site than I did pay work sometimes. And when IB kept their big fvcking idiotic heads out of the forum, it was fine. Once they stepped in and fvcked it all up, I decided I wanted nothing to do with it. I kept my mouth shut and deleted negative posts on my own out of respect for you.

I drove to your house with another forum member just to hang out and help Joel. You seem to have gotten a bit bitter Kris, and I hope you snap out of it. I still consider you a friend, and have gone out of my way to defend you on elsewhere.

You are right. I should have said a vB site, notIB. And I had no other options for two years. Now I do, a better option.

And now IB is censoring PM's.

Last edited by Joey T; 03-25-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Joey T

Ugh. And furthermore, I didn't even have a business to advertise until Spetember.

What is your issue with me leaving Kris? Why do you not want me to delete my account?

It is nothing personal, I have the utmost of respect for you and Jason.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Internet Brands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With regards to the question that has been posed about past posted content on the site.
IB and Audiworld do not take ownership of content that you post on the website. Whatever ownership rights you have when you post your content on Audiworld, you will retain and continue to have.
As an example, if you write and post an explanation of how to change your brake pads on your B6 S4 on the website, you still hold the copyright on that post, and you are free to post that content elsewhere.

However, when you submit your content to the site, you provide IB/Audiworld with permission to use your content with respect to the website through a non-exclusive license. This license may not have been spelled out within Audiworlds previous terms of use, however it has always been implicit when you hit the "submit" or "post" button you provide Audiworld this license, otherwise your content would not be able to appear on the site.

To clarify, when we posted the updated terms of use, it was specifically to make users aware of matters such as this (i.e. implied terms) and attempt to improve transparency.

Thanks, and I hope the explanation assists somewhat.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Guru

Default Bravo.

Originally Posted by IB Adrian

Thanks, and I hope the explanation assists somewhat.
I'm not sure I agree 100%, but good show in taking the question seriously and posting an answer.
Thanks!

BTW, I'm not sure what to do with myself; I'm running out of things to bitch about.

Last edited by 4Driver4; 03-25-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Quick Reply: Updates on two important issues that members have been asking about...