Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

PSA for those who think I'm trying to split the board or do something

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We are the community and the foundation

I'm not in favor of leaving, but if this forum does not adapt to the needs of the family (us) then we will ultimately use the system less. The foundation will be come weaker.

All in all..I personally hate this style of forum. Its why I came here and stayed here. I know many other feel the same way.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so glad they moved to VB, I hated the old format, audiworld not bieng vb kept me from checking it all the time.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Concentric190
I'm so glad they moved to VB, I hated the old format, audiworld not bieng vb kept me from checking it all the time.

Then enjoy the new format, I for one have moved on to join the other like minded posters who made the allroad forum, kawf was very comfortable, and I still prefer it over this sterile vb....

cya
Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trg
Oh, come on, they knew from the start that New Coke would fail; the thing is, they DID successfully change the formula (started using corn syrup instead of good old fashioned sugar) by distracting the public with a red herring.

Seriously, during Passover, find a grocery store in a heavily Jewish neighborhood, look for displays of kosher Coke (or check the ingredients to make sure there's no corn syrup) and do a back-to-back taste test. REAL Classic Coke is much better.
me find a jewish neigborhood?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by girlroad
This has nothing to do with me personally at all.
It has everything to do with you personally, the format hasn't even been changed for 24hrs and your telling everyone to post on the other site. Why because you dont like this forum and dont think it will work as well, thats your opinion (and yes others) that sounds like it has to do with you personally 100%. It would have been nice if you actually gave it a shot and saw how the community worked around it, but no from moment one you were "post here not here" this wont work "I" know, "I" dont like it. Yes you are not the only "I" but you have been the most vocal, its a shame you don't have more consideration for your fellow members, and couldn't give this a chance.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have to go look for Kosher Coke now.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Judge AR
I have to go look for Kosher Coke now.

I was thinking the same thing. : )
Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
trg
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by paulroad
me find a jewish neigborhood?
LOL.. yeah, I was thinking while I was typing that I didn't need to include that part for you, but I knew there'd be other people who would want details, especially since it's just about the time of year to find "real" Coke.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by judge ar
it has everything to do with you personally, the format hasn't even been changed for 24hrs and your telling everyone to post on the other site. Why because you dont like this forum and dont think it will work as well, thats your opinion (and yes others) that sounds like it has to do with you personally 100%. It would have been nice if you actually gave it a shot and saw how the community worked around it, but no from moment one you were "post here not here" this wont work "i" know, "i" dont like it. Yes you are not the only "i" but you have been the most vocal, its a shame you don't have more consideration for your fellow members, and couldn't give this a chance.
+1000
Old 03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by girlroad
publication on paper before the web...did it not have subscribers and advertisers...
Was it?

The reality as I remember...it started as Jet's A4 board waaay back when. It morphed over time to include more than just A4s. And advertisers were brought in (reluctantly) to help pay for the upkeep on the site.

https://www.audiworld.com/info/

Do you directly pay to subscribe to this site? Paypal sent to who? Oh that's right, it was free for you.

I see benefits to both formats and fortunately I don't have to choose. Will I donate for quattroworld? Nope...don't see a justifiable reason to do so.

Quick Reply: PSA for those who think I'm trying to split the board or do something