Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

new forum format: i wonder what motivated it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new forum format: i wonder what motivated it...

Obviously it was not PRACTICABILITY. The new format KILLED the BEST thing: USABILITY. And that is way the most important feature of ANY webpage. You cannot argue with this and dont even start being reasonable and all kinds of sh*t. When you see the down trending visitors, ad income, you will shut up.

It might have been comfortable for the site admins. But the site is for its users, not for the admins. Wrong viewpoint.

It might have been a corporate a**hole trying to change things, "new broom sweeps well, sweeps everything out". What a smarta** it would have been. Decreasing income from the site will prove it.

It might have been laziness, instead of upgrading the hardware to be able to run the old forum efficiently, changing the forum engine: SUX. You can watch now how much $$$ you saved by driving everyone away. Really economical.

AW seriously downgraded itself, and my message to everyone involved in the decision: GO BACK TO SCHOOL! Learn from Google. It became a giant by organizing information, which nobody did. The new forum made a hell of a job of disorganizing info. I cant see if a thread has a picture inside. I need to roll pages to see the replies. I used to come here EVERY DAY. Now it is painful.

This new breed of managers are screwing up everything, are deaf to the users pleas, and i wonder if they are on drugs. Because their acts prove one thing: they have no fu*king clue about what is needed and wanted by the community.

Shame on all of you guys who did not stop the forums from the "UP"grade, especially the previous owners of AW. They would have been smart enough to let everything as it is, but with money injected, new ownership and all, probably they dont care anymore.

The rest is just justification and i dont give a sh*t about it.

FIX IT.

Or see the forum die. Don't have dreams, you can count on 80% less visitors. THE INTERNET DOES NOT FORGIVE.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't read you're whole message, but many time if you have to ask why something happened that answer is usually money in one form or another.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree. Now they can see how much they "saved" by losing 80-90% of the users....