Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

New format makes me feel young!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New format makes me feel young!

All the cute little avatars, emoticons, wasted space, and unthreaded conversations that take forever to page through make me feel like I'm a highschooler again with tons of time to waste instead of a professional with a job who has little time to read websites but does have disposable income to spend on his car. It'll be interesting to see what vendors start popping up on quattroworld.com to serve their 1750 new users in the past 24 hours.

Kudos to the AW management for running such a great website up until now.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe it or not, it's not the end of the world.

Try adapting to change. It's good for you.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

why we are already gone >>>>>>>>>>>QW
Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thomas1978
why we are already gone >>>>>>>>>>>QW
My point exactly.

"Uh oh... everything changed! Run away!"

Just sayin'... you know.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It does not make sense to run away. If this site had been where you called home of Audi for years why not make it better instead of throwing a bitchfit. Give ideas or at least be constructive instead of tearing ***...

Yeah I know I dont post much on here but I would very much hate to see the information that is very good here and helped me many of times destroyed and fragmented..

I came here as I got a A8.. I can always count on the mailing list for the V8 but not the A8.. So I am left with fragmented information.. Its quite sad to see really. But I suppose that is what happens when things change people run in fear instead of facing change. Look to the past and you will see future never rings truer than here. There were people who did the same before you and before you about many things and end result was left behind... or obliterated.. Forwardness cannot be stopped for good or bad. But the behind can always be seen for what it was.

Many of lost knowledge came from this exact problem.

End History Lesson
Old 03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i can't stay, i'm lost here. I have never used vb forums and this forum is not mobile friendly, and i post a lot from cell phone. Its sad how they ****ed up this forum. ( I'm still sad and thats why i fight for change.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by thomas1978
this forum is not mobile friendly, and i post a lot from cell phone.
What kind of phone do you use?
We have a seperate template for mobile browsers that doesnt load images or a lot of the formatting.
It should automatically detect you browsing through your phone, and enable this template.
Thanks,
Adrian
Old 03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm not "running away"...I'm going home...WITH all of my friends.

Originally Posted by SlicerDicer
It does not make sense to run away. If this site had been where you called home of Audi for years why not make it better instead of throwing a bitchfit. Give ideas or at least be constructive instead of tearing ***...

Yeah I know I dont post much on here but I would very much hate to see the information that is very good here and helped me many of times destroyed and fragmented..

I came here as I got a A8.. I can always count on the mailing list for the V8 but not the A8.. So I am left with fragmented information.. Its quite sad to see really. But I suppose that is what happens when things change people run in fear instead of facing change. Look to the past and you will see future never rings truer than here. There were people who did the same before you and before you about many things and end result was left behind... or obliterated.. Forwardness cannot be stopped for good or bad. But the behind can always be seen for what it was.

End History Lesson

...to www.quattroworld.com

Since everybody's leaving here and going there and because it's been set up in Kawf, it's just like being here a week ago before IB screwed the pooch.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by SlicerDicer

End History Lesson
Funny how the people with the fewest numbers of posts and the people who are the least vested in this website are the ones who critique the people who are against the switch. The fact of the matter is, with a lot of the "new" options available through vB customization, they lost the biggest benefit of the KAWF, the threaded view. That's why everyone is jumping ship. Just because so many websites use vB doesn't mean it's better, just easier to administrate.

With the loss of the most frequent posters, those of you who look to this forum as a source of useful information will be forced to find that information elsewhere. vB is most frustrating in trying to track posts... we don't give a **** who the last person was who posted on a topic. It's nice to have recent threads go to the top, but I'll be damned if I'm going to open it and scroll through past everyone's crap that they spew in order to fish out the useful stuff.

Last edited by TTempted; 03-17-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TTempted
Funny how the people with the fewest numbers of posts and the people who are the least vested in this website are the ones who critique the people who are against the switch. The fact of the matter is, with a lot of the "new" options available through vB customization, they lost the biggest benefit of the KAWF, the threaded view. That's why everyone is jumping ship. Just because so many websites use vB doesn't mean it's better, just easier to administrate.

With the loss of the most frequent posters, those of you who look to this forum as a source of useful information will be forced to find that information elsewhere. vB is most frustrating in trying to track posts... we don't give a **** who the last person was who posted on a topic. It's nice to have recent threads go to the top, but I'll be damned if I'm going to open it and scroll through past everyone's crap that they spew in order to fish out the useful stuff.
I said this in another feedback thread on here. Most people didn't use this forum for information before the change BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T READ IT! LOL!

Quick Reply: New format makes me feel young!