Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Kris - What happened to the hybrid version we were supposed to get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hats off to Kris for making every effort to smooth the transition (regardless of how well it's gone) and to keep the community in the loop as best he could. I'm sorry to see that this has gotten you so down. Don't take it too personally. I'm frustrated too, but I'm giving it a shot. I have to admit that the few changes that have already been made since this morning are moving us in the right direction.

Regards,
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM

a sad day indeed
hey look, an emoticon.

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
I'm not sure what to say. I feel like I'm kicking a dead horse when I try to talk to IB. I'm not a programmer, I can't fix it myself.

All I can do is be passionate while my world (and work) crumbles around me.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm not sure what to say. I feel like I'm kicking a dead horse when I try to talk to IB. I'm not a programmer, I can't fix it myself.

Thanks for all you've done, and tried to do.

Stop stressing about it, and move on. Really.

I'm not a religious person, but there is some truth in this:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference." --Reinhold Niebuhr, The Serenity Prayer
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel for you too Kris. I'm actually surprised at just how many cry babies there are (were) on Audiworld. FWIW, KAWF has it's charm, but I prefer vBulletin/phpBB styled forums. The change is like IRC fanatics complaining about having to move to Jabber
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mksap11
I feel for you too Kris. I'm actually surprised at just how many cry babies there are (were) on Audiworld. FWIW, KAWF has it's charm, but I prefer vBulletin/phpBB styled forums. The change is like IRC fanatics complaining about having to move to Jabber
You're comparing apples and oranges.

Count me among the whiners. Silly me, I don't want to have to wade through multiple pages to see who has posted recently, and in what threads. I prefer to do it one page load.

ymmv.

Last edited by grey-2002-ar-6sp; 03-17-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by grey-2002-ar-6sp

Count me among the whiners. Silly me, I don't want to have to wade through multiple pages to see who has posted recently, and in what threads. I prefer to do it one page load.

ymmv.
2nd - and I am on lots of other forums that use vB - and love Kawf so much more
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mtouring_Tuff*typing
you let us down and killed AW

well IB but u dident help
Bad form.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, maybe, but it does have some similarities. Anyway, it's the first analogy that popped into my mind.

ymmv.

True, but I never used the old thread listing, instead going to the specific forums that interested me. The one big thing for me with vBulletin/phpBB styled forums is that at a single glance, I can see new or updated threads in a given section...and, we can finally have true FAQs stickied to the top of the forum to so that we don't see the same questions over and over again followed by "STFA!" or animated GIFs of an arrow pointing at the search button (which is pretty funny, btw).

What I don't understand are the people who are so up in arms over the change that they're leaving AW. I work in IT and I've BTDT. When the users rant and rave over the same thing over and over, it gets the point where you just say, "whatever, dude. it is what it is."

just my $.02
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Suckness. Sorry, man.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the "coulda been worse" argument.

How about "supposed to be better", but isn't?

Quick Reply: Kris - What happened to the hybrid version we were supposed to get?