Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have mentioned, font is hard to read, too small and light.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
IB Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The Recent Topics drop down seems to be working now.
Jason, please consider returning to the original font type style in the threads and posts. The new one is really hard to read for any length of time.
Thanks!
We should be able to change it back to the exact same font design and size as the prior design and tech is working on it this afternoon.
I also noticed that Internet Explorer users are seeing red bars instead of the gray and that will be fixed this afternoon hopefully.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Eh…I don't think it will be changed back. But AW will continue to change.
Change is good. Maybe not this change so much, but change in gener
Old 04-16-2014, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nice change

I like it!
Much easier to read and the contrast brings out the top of the page way better than before using a PC/Windows IE.

Last edited by jcman; 04-16-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been on AudiWorld since 2001. Hated the switch from kawf to vBulletin but tolerated the look since March, 2009, albeit I showed up and posted less. However, today was a big shock. VERY Fugly format IMO. Much worse than before. I am on several vBulletin forums and Audiworld now has the worst look of all of them. Sorry but it literally hurts my eyes. Too Red. Too Black. Small font. Busy pages. Poor new post indicators. I could go on.

Not that interested in coming back if today's look is going to stay. As I said before you made the change in 2009, the model for a good vBulletin look IMO is the S2Forum. http://www.s2forum.com/

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Welcome to the new AudiWorld forums! As you may have noticed, we updated the look and feel of the forum to better match the rest of AudiWorld.com. The forum now features a matching color scheme and more modern design, while still retaining the features and sections you love.

Not seeing the new design? Try clearing your browser’s cache by pressing CTRL + F5. If that doesn’t work, we recommend logging out of your AudiWorld account, clearing your cookies, and then logging back in.

We’d love to hear what you think of the new and improved AudiWorld! Please let us know if you run into any issues and we’ll be happy to help fix them.
Font is way too small. I find it very hard to read.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default What are the improvements?

I will get used to it. Just wondering what the reason for the changes are? Does this new format offer improvements? What are they?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The font has been adjusted and should now match the old layout's.

Generally speaking, we launched today's redesign as part of a larger forum upgrade. Behind the scenes, AudiWorld previously ran a very old version of vBulletin. By doing this update, we are able to offer faster page loads and a variety of new features, including an enhanced mobile site and in the coming months, a streamlined gallery. We realize that change can be a bit jarring and we're working to make this version of AudiWorld the perfect hybrid of the old forum layout and the popular updated homepage layout. To give you a better idea of how similar we tried to make the new forum layout to the old, here is a side-by-side screenshot:

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!-nddgnnf.jpg

If you run into any specific issues or have additional suggestions, please don't hesitate to pass them along to us.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The font is still way too small and hard to read.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The icons in the far left column have changed. Is there a table explaining what the new icons are?

Quick Reply: Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!