Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Welcome to the new AudiWorld forums! As you may have noticed, we updated the look and feel of the forum to better match the rest of AudiWorld.com. The forum now features a matching color scheme and more modern design, while still retaining the features and sections you love.

Not seeing the new design? Try clearing your browser’s cache by pressing CTRL + F5. If that doesn’t work, we recommend logging out of your AudiWorld account, clearing your cookies, and then logging back in.

We’d love to hear what you think of the new and improved AudiWorld! Please let us know if you run into any issues and we’ll be happy to help fix them.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

We’d love to hear what you think of the new and improved AudiWorld! Please let us know if you run into any issues and we’ll be happy to help fix them.
It would be really nice to permit each users to select their preferred theme
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default +1 billion

Originally Posted by uberwgn
It would be really nice to permit each users to select their preferred theme
Yes please.
Font is terrible.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
Yes please.
Font is terrible.
I agree the font style is harder to read than before; much prefer the old font. Also, the pages seem busier. Was each thread link underlined in the old format?
"My recent Topics" link not working?
There seems to be too much black which I find very distracting and even somewhat garish. A lighter gray might be easier on the eyes, especially in the headers.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-16-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Also, the pages seem busier.
Agreed. Hard to decide where to look...

Was each thread link underlined in the old format?
No

Doesn't work for me either.
Also threads randomly not sorting properly per settings in CP.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was so easy to go to classifieds before, now every time I get the forums which I am not looking for. I do not like this new difficult format!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

I see the new browser design but I don't care for it. Too small type compared to the old one.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Welcome to the new AudiWorld forums! As you may have noticed, we updated the look and feel of the forum to better match the rest of AudiWorld.com. The forum now features a matching color scheme and more modern design, while still retaining the features and sections you love.

Not seeing the new design? Try clearing your browser’s cache by pressing CTRL + F5. If that doesn’t work, we recommend logging out of your AudiWorld account, clearing your cookies, and then logging back in.

It's ok, but I liked the old one…bigger print, etc.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The new design is a work in progress, and we are continuing to make tweaks based on your comments and suggestions. Right now, we're working to increase the font size so it matches the previous layout. I'll let you guys know once the fix is live.

What happens when you try clicking the My Recent Topics link? It should, if working correctly, open a drop-down menu that lets you choose between viewing your recent topics since your last visit, or by set periods of time (i.e. "Last Day", "Last 5 Days", "Last Week"). if you're not seeing these options appear, please let me know what Internet browser you are using.

Originally Posted by lunanegra
It was so easy to go to classifieds before, now every time I get the forums which I am not looking for. I do not like this new difficult format!
We haven't made any changes to how the forum is organized, so you should be able to access the Classifieds section the same ways as before. You can either scroll down the main forum page to the section labeled "Classifieds" (roughly halfway down the page), or you can roll your mouse over the "Marketplace" option in the top navigation bar. This will trigger a drop-down menu that includes a link to the Classifieds section, as shown below:

Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The new design is a work in progress, and we are continuing to make tweaks based on your comments and suggestions. Right now, we're working to increase the font size so it matches the previous layout. I'll let you guys know once the fix is live.

What happens when you try clicking the My Recent Topics link? It should, if working correctly, open a drop-down menu that lets you choose between viewing your recent topics since your last visit, or by set periods of time (i.e. "Last Day", "Last 5 Days", "Last Week"). if you're not seeing these options appear, please let me know what Internet browser you are using.
The Recent Topics drop down seems to be working now.
Jason, please consider returning to the original font type style in the threads and posts. The new one is really hard to read for any length of time.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!