Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

AW thanks for disbanding our little family here. NICE WORK!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW thanks for disbanding our little family here. NICE WORK!

:P
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

everyone needs to quit whining about the change.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think the users that are leaving, badmouthing, and just not giving it a chance are just as much to blame. This board was always defined by its users and substance, not its format.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM

Default That is BS if it is about the people and the knowledge then why is it a

problem that we go somewhere else where we feel our knowledge and community are better addressed in a form that we feelis more conducive to our community.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

But in the process you are splitting up the community, all because you have to have it exactly your way. Again your all being very selfish not giving this a chance and simply bashing it and telling people to post elsewhere.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Concentric190
Hmmm, was I whining about the new format? Ahh, no. Only about the possability of losing some of our braintrust here.

I came from VWvortex years back, I thought the AW format was a pain to use, BUT I stuck with it and got used to it. The same will happen here, and I hope our family regroups.

Jon
Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ar-Rings
Hmmm, was I whining about the new format? Ahh, no. Only about the possability of losing some of our braintrust here.

I came from VWvortex years back, I thought the AW format was a pain to use, BUT I stuck with it and got used to it. The same will happen here, and I hope our family regroups.

Jon
I wasn't refering to you, more so to all the other people/posts that are now flooding this forum with non sence, whining, saying they are leaving, and complaining up the ying yang.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Concentric190
THANK you.

seriously - site was defined by the posters, the people. not the format. the people/posters were all the same. AW finally decides to join every other forum in the 21st century to make it easier to read, and everyone bitches & bails?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Truly sad

This is truly sad. Regardless of everyones motivations, things have changed and our family is breaking up. I hope that it will all pan out in the end. Clearly everyone is angry and probably not with each other, but, instead venting. I'll be on both boards.

IMHO the old format was better in the respect that you can read everything at a glance and the new format is better because you can quickly see what thread has been revived by a new response. I REALLY thought I would like the change but I don't. However, I'm here for everyone and I hope everyone is here for me as well. I hope we can all meet up in one place when the dust settles.

- 04 allroad
Old 03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by four
THANK you.

seriously - site was defined by the posters, the people. not the format. the people/posters were all the same. AW finally decides to join every other forum in the 21st century to make it easier to read, and everyone bitches & bails?
For me, it comes down to efficiency. I hate vB style forums and have never gotten traction on one because I have to make too many picks to see replies I didn't want, the threading is much weaker, and I hate that the top of the screen gets filled up with old threads that I don't care any more about (don't care if somebody posts another comment in a 3 year old thread). If I want to stick with a thread, I could track it.

And for the vB cheerleader who complain about not being able to see all the post contents of the thread in kawf, try to RTFM. There was a kawf/AW preference to show all post contents whenever you pick a thread entry - I have been using it for years to view the entire thread immediately, and it still showed the threading (which I can't figure out how to do in vB).

Interesting that, with the apparent exception of Judge_ar, all those in favor of vB were virtually silent (lurkers) on kawf. I guess kawf was so bad for you that you never posted to it?

Quick Reply: AW thanks for disbanding our little family here. NICE WORK!