Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

After 8 years and 21,xxx post with regrets I must say goodbye.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default After 8 years and 21,xxx post with regrets I must say goodbye.....

Of all the internet forums out there, i chose this one, even after i sold my audi. the sense of community and the style of communication were a big draw.

Now that the style of communication has gone away, it looks like the community has as well.

Good bye.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The community is alive and well, just not here. Over 1,000 threads in the one week since IB has cast us aside.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default That's ridiculous. The community is split.

Originally Posted by Blue TTop
The community is alive and well, just not here. Over 1,000 threads in the one week since IB has cast us aside.
While OT has clearly moved out, other forums tend to be split between this site and the site whose name cannot be mentioned. Many of the same posters are on both sites. Both sites improve daily.

I had my bags packed too, but only when things seemed were horribly bad. Regardless of motivations, IB has bent over backwards to accomodate this community. Sure, they screwed up initially, but things are good now.

Utilize both sites. Why leave now?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where I spent time is 90%+ gone. The real car guys are 100% gone. So, technically I would agree with you. Likely to be different percentages depending on the individual forum.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 235 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Community is cut in half entirely...

but it's not segregated by 50% here and 50% there from each forum as I am seeing. Some forums here have more new activity than the other place and some don't, in some cases it looks like some forums are now moving equally slowly or even worse than before on both forums. Wonder how many people just said F this all together and took off completely. Neither forum is going to win in the end and nor is the community. Audizine anyone? look I even used an emoticon...

Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Agreed. One interesting thing, I've noticed a huge swell of new users this week on AW...
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Default Really?

Like an odd number of people with new accounts but not posting or new people? It's not like you need an account to view stuff so people aren't signing up just because of the fervor out there so they can witness it.

Still would be interesting to have a view counter on posts again. Would help with advertising and curiosity about traffic. Alexa shows the same amount of web traffic, but maybe there is a better place to look?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Head Cat Herder

Learn what? What Joey is working on? I've been watching over there too, its not exactly anything new or fast moving.

Having said that, I'd rather everyone were here, but not much I can do about it.

One trend I've noticed, the older models forums, B5 A4, B5S4 (they were already split with the first OF) MKITT, they all seem happy on the other site, because they're more of a tight knit, not many new people group.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Head Cat Herder

no, just new accounts.. It was under well under 159k as of monday, now we're over 160k.

So it's not like we're just stagnant here. I'd be willing to say there are vastly more people comfortable with a vb forum than KAWF (not that *I* personally am mind you...)
Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Default Those 3 forums are dead here...

and probably always will be unless a new group wanders into it's place. Neither site seems to be producing much of any new content from what I've noticed, it's pretty stale in both places. Oh well maybe people gave up on Audi forums all together...

Quick Reply: After 8 years and 21,xxx post with regrets I must say goodbye.....