Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

two questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two questions...

1. Is there a degreaser anyone can recommend, one that is not harmful for paint (for removing grease around door hinges.

2. Any further info on using *KaBoom* to clean the stock Avus wheels ? I remember seeing people recommend it, and others being a bit skeptical as to the long term affects it might have. Any further data ?

Thanks,

Earnie
Old 08-31-2003, 12:13 AM

Default answers to two questions...

I think people here recommend P21s total auto wash. You are from Vancouver right? Not sure where to find it around here though..maybe try S100 total cycle cleaner from the Harley Dealers..it should be the same thing.
You can also use Simple Green, just don't let it sit for a while. or a citrus based degreaser from a bike shop would work too, but test on a inconspicous area of your paint first. Or use Goo gone..or use tar remover..all these things should do the trick.

2. I think someone tested it by leaving it out in the sun for a couple days and it didn't harm the wheel..it dried out the clearcoat a bit but once waxed it returned to normal. In reality Kaboom isn't much cheaper than wheel cleaner and may not be that much better either. Try Eagle One A2Z (bright orange bottle) for a good economical wheel cleaner. I used some on a wheel that had CNC machined aluminum and it didn't seem to spot it or anything. Should be fine with Stock AVUS's, and is plenty strong. If you want something gentler, get the S100 wheel cleaner from Harly Dealers but its expensive.
If you have any more questions about where to get stuff, let me know..I think I know where to get most of the good stuff in Canada.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Alsey. And yes, Vancouver (Langley actually)