Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

What is the best to use on a BB car with very light swirls, not many swirls at all

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best to use on a BB car with very light swirls, not many swirls at all

Should I just wait until more swirls are present b/c the compounding takes some of the surface away, or should I do it now and what should I use? I was thinking of buying the porter full kit from classic motoring accessories, what do you guys think?
Old 08-28-2003, 01:46 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I would probably use something like P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser for now...

It has a very mild filling ability for the swirls. It's a temporary effect at best...so essentially, I'm saying leave it the way it is, continue washing and waxing, and when it gets a bit worse (perhaps by next spring), then do a full polish on it.

If you order the Porter Cable, make sure you get the Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish. Great stuff. In fact, if you had it now, I would recommend hitting the paint with Final Polish to spot treat any issues you're seeing. It's an extremely mild polish that does a great job with very fine swirls (the kind you can typically only see in very bright sunlight).
Old 08-29-2003, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I agree with Raj, GEPC followed by a quality wax sounds like your best bet right now.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:04 AM

Default I own GEPC, IHG, mez IP and fp and just sent away for the 7424

I have blitz and p21s waxes too, and also Klasse AIO. gonna do allot of experimenting and since it is a daily driver I am thinking of using the aio and then p21s for the winter for extra protection. What do you think?