WTF is going on at ACNA now? Rumor mill says Treadway ousted by the Andersons somehow?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is going on at ACNA now? Rumor mill says Treadway ousted by the Andersons somehow?

This **** is worse than General Hospital. I'm embarrassed to say I'm affiliated with the National Club.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ACNA must be a real ****hole.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No idea, but I talked to two people this week that let their memberships lapse.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Fear the Miata!

yes it is
Old 01-29-2009, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default While I don't care for the nat'l group much, I will still retain my membership

so I can go driving with the likes of you. Meeting cool people was the reason I got more and more involved. Now that I'm much less involved, the friendships are my only interest here. The people who don't care for me are easily offset by the friends I've made at our events.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Fear the Miata!

i'm right there with you marko....
Old 01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah. I know there was talk of them sharing that $ with chapters, but I don't know if it

ever came to be. Perhaps somebody on the local BOD can answer that.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Treadway is a great guy, but sadly no longer President of the ACNA.

After each BoD election, the Board elects from it's ranks their officers. Dean was not re-elected as President - Bruce Bradigan was. While it is unusual to have a first-year BoD member elected President, there is no language in the ACNA bylaws prohibiting it. I do not know who voted how, but there is only one Anderson on the ACNA BoD - Kent.

Between the newly elected Board members and the newly appointed board member (to replace Matt Hull who resigned), this is how they voted. You or I may not like the results, but other than having the numbers on their side, nothing underhanded with respect to the officer elections took place. Distasteful to many - perhaps.

I told whoever would listen that something like this would be the result if last years ballot wasn't re-done. Our chapter rose up and delivered a huge number of proxy votes to force a re-do. Pockets across the country pitched-in as well, but when it came down to the moment, "we" didn't have the numbers. I fought the fight, but there were not enough soldiers behind me.

I have decided to not waste any more of my time and resources in the interest of making National "do the right thing". I pissed away a lot of my dough and tons of my time for what amounted to a lost cause because the membership as a whole simply did not want to get involved, didn't care or thought I was wrong. When you consider that the number of folks who vote in the ACNA elections is ~6% of membership I am thinking that general apathy is to blame. (by comparison ~25% of Chicago members vote in our local ACCCC election).

Maybe I / we expect more of a "car club" than the rest of the country since we have such a wonderful chapter here with hundreds of great members. We set the bar high. Apparently the rest of the country (with a few exceptions) is satisfied with the status quo. I am not, but the one bullet we had wasn't big enough to stop the rampage. So here we are.

Instead, I have rededicated myself to our local chapter, my family, friends and career.

Strength on the local level - that's all that really matters anyway. We're here to learn, grow make great friendships and and have a good time playing with cars.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:27 PM

Default with all the talk about recession, and depression, and driving sessions, what about...

secession???

I know, I know. It would be a huge undertaking, and probably wouldn't be worth the time and effort, but what would be the pros and cons?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There now exists a program from National, but

their requirements to "earn" funding from National do not align with the the objectives of the local leadership. Also, the payout for some of their steps would not cover our cost to implement them. The maximum payout would be $1k - regardless of chapter size.

We are in favor of a simple program - something like 10-15% of membership dues be returned to the local chapter. This proposal was not accepted by ACNA.

Quick Reply: WTF is going on at ACNA now? Rumor mill says Treadway ousted by the Andersons somehow?