Grr...

That is all.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yarrrrr.....

avast!

I lubs me winter driving.

Just treat other cars like slalom cones. Make sure they hit you... not the other way around.

Oh... and move out of the GTA and find a job elsewhere... Ya, there are crappy drivers everywhere, but atleast in a smaller town, there are fewer of them.

Heck... come to Northern Ontario... and you can put some studs on your car!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I stay north of the city, but I have been going downtown to the hospital...

Lots of dumb dumb people.

Guy behind me on the onramp to the 401 completely lost it and smashed and banged and bumped around prolly within 20 feet of my rear bumper.

Also, going north on the 400, I went in the snowed over right lane and cruised at 100 without issue and without traffic. Completely going by everyone, even other awd vehicles.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Don't be proud of driving 100 in a snowed over lane

That's pretty stupid at the best of times.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Word

It's also probably us that do this that probably ticks off a lot of drivers, guaranteed. So they're probably cussing away to their coworkers right now
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default whats wrong with driving 100km/h on snow?

I do it all the time.

The key is smooth inputs, avoiding abrupt steering input or throttle-off induced oversteer. Had to avoid more than one accident caused by people just touching the snowy edge of a "track-bare" section of road and lifting off the throttle.

Had a guy spin infront of me once when he did that on Hwy 11 south of Orillia. Spun and hit the guard rail... I pulled over, walked across the highway to him... as he does up his seatbelt... asked if he was ok. Nods, looks a little shaken up. I look at his back corner that touched the guard rail, some minor damage. He just puts it in drive and pulls away. Doesn't get out and check his vehicle... just drives away.

BTW... I'm also the guy who slows down to make sure vehicles/people are okay when I see them on the side of the road... day or night... winter or summer.

I'm the guy who always carries a shovel and towstrap... and has dug/pulled many people out of ditches/snowbanks/highway off/on-ramp overplow.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

401 /= 11 in Orillia
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok... fine... 400 north/south Sudbury to Toronto, 401 east/west Chatham to Ottawa...

Driven it all... in all sorts of weather.

Passed lots of people, offered help to lots of people.

Big problem with GTA (and any metropolitan area)... just too many cars, poorly maintained roads, too many drivers who don't know how to handle adverse driving conditions. There might be an equal percentage of bad drivers in Peterborough or Sudbury... but there are a heck of a lot more drivers on the road in the GTA.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's mine and Jerry D's point (I assume) - there are so many factors in the GTA

that you have to take into consideration.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yuppers, too much else to worry about while cruising at high speed on a snow covered lane

That and he said the right lane, which is the busiest lane on the highway with on and offramp traffic.

Drive according to conditions (which also takes into account how badly others are handling those conditions). Just because you can drive that fast on snow without losing control of your car, doesn't mean you should.

Quick Reply: WINTER DRIVING!!!!!!!