Why are people so afraid of change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CLarification - one line posts in the subject title vs the body.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by afretes
The thing is that you have to find the original thread, which could anywhere depends on when someone replied, then you have to open it, and then you have to find the last post that maybe on page 3... way too complicated!
You just need to learn how to use VB forums. It is a lot easier than the thread version AW used to be. It is just different for new users to it.

I dont like the format and layout of the new AW however. I dont think it was well executed and could use major tweeking.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not a fan. I just hope the emoticons don't take over the forums.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

there needs to be an option where the forum lets you know where you posted before its way to hard to simply "remember" where you have posted.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The one line subject post is difficult to read in the current format because it is set in type quite similar to the "Account #" header.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wasn't there a way where if you replied to a message then that message would be subscribed and you could easily see all of the threads that you were subscribed to easily? Can't seem to find that here.... i'm not talking about subscribing to it and getting a notification on a new reply.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Magnuss4
there needs to be an option where the forum lets you know where you posted before its way to hard to simply "remember" where you have posted.
If you look at the symbols and learn the legend, you will realize that this info is readily available.

Right on the mainpage you can see where you have posted, if there are new posts in the thread, jump to the new posts, etc etc

People need to educate themselves on what they are using before they put it down.

So far, all the complaints are due to ignorance, not problems.

I am not trying to insult anyone by this, but its true, it seems that new isn't "easy" for the unwilling.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tanner
Wasn't there a way where if you replied to a message then that message would be subscribed and you could easily see all of the threads that you were subscribed to easily? Can't seem to find that here.... i'm not talking about subscribing to it and getting a notification on a new reply.
You can subscribe to threads, click on User CP at the top, go to Edit User Options on the left, then look for box that says Default Thread Subscription Mode, and you can change it to No email notification.

Then you can access your threads , click on Quick Links -> Subscribed threads.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by McLaren
You can subscribe to threads, click on User CP at the top, go to Edit User Options on the left, then look for box that says Default Thread Subscription Mode, and you can change it to No email notification.

Then you can access your threads , click on Quick Links -> Subscribed threads.
You can just subscribe using the thread tools at the top of the actual thread once you are inside of it. There are many many things available to the users, people just need to start playing around and discovering them.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah right yes - duh. Should be set by default then folks can see their messages that they responded to by this:

https://forums.audiworld.com/subscription.php

Quick Reply: Why are people so afraid of change?