Jason Teller - it's been a fun nine years

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jason Teller - it's been a fun nine years

Forgot to post this here but did post it in the feedback. So if anybody is looking for me you know where I am.

Interesting, I joined AW exactly nine years, so this seems fitting, though 10 years would have sounded better.

After exactly nine years here (well I did lurk around for a bit before then), I'm gonna have to call it quits here.

The format is more or less fine, yes there are some pluses and minues, and perhaps we could all get used to it one day, but the format isn't conducive to how we "spoke" to one another, which is different from other forums. The threaded view here is nice but with a mix of linear/threaded, the two don't work nicely together unfortunately (some users using threaded, some using linear).

I always said that I'll go where ever the community goes and it has spoken. Majority of the Canadians have made a decision on their home and you guys know what it is and that's where I'm going also. I'm certain that a new community will appear here but it will never be quite the same as before. It's a shame really, that the majority of the long time members of AW, which by the way are probably the ones that contributed to most of the discussions and traffic - whether it was off topic or related to Audis - will no longer be here.

This sums it up nicely.

http://blog.jasonseto.com/2009/03/17...the-community/

And it's not like this has happened before.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/...11/st_thompson

So, Jason Teller and all of the moderators, thanks for your effort and time in building AW during those years.