Boy ho boy! Haven't seen so much excitement in Canadian politics in years!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy ho boy! Haven't seen so much excitement in Canadian politics in years!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 AM

excitement or stupidity?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM

i'm looking forward to jack layton taking over the finances of the country
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stupidity

I just see this as little kids forming a gang to gang up on somebody else.

Now I seen this coming... the bickering on who should be the new leader of this coalition. I hope it runs into an epic failure.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Whether it's stupidity or not it's still more excitement than we have seen in a long time...

Besides it's not the first time in Canadian history that a "non confidence" vote takes down a government. Remember not too long ago, the Conservatives, the NDP and the Bloc conspired to do the same to the Liberals a then minority government... What goes around comes around! Maybe someone should have told Harper that.

The Harper government has been lucky so far because they have been riding on the good fortunes of what the Liberals had put in place for several years under Chrétien and Martin with sound economic policies with good budgets and no negative deficits.

Now the Conservatives have done nothing to keep the ball rolling in the same direction and are now talking to run deficits to prop up the economy which they said not too long ago was still in great shape... Right!

Make me think of exactly the same crap that happened south of the border with that idiot... W, certainly one of the worst Presidents ever.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let me see.... You would give Canadians money to stimulate the economy?

They still will not buy North American cars but would probably rush off to Wall Mart to buy some Chinese imports. How many jobs will that create in the Auto sector?

Our only hope is to get our exports moving and that depends more on foreign buyers than Canadians. Make work project can help some people stay solvent but the problem remains; we have a very weak economy due to low exports.

Having high taxes, for a surplus, does the very opposite of stimulating the economy.

Canada remains one of the lowest investors in Research and Technology. This has continued for decades and has nothing to do with the current government. If we want to move forward technologically we need to do some heavy investment in this area.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default yup the trough is being removed and the pigs are squealing

If they actually spent 1/2 the energy of last week in trying to resolve the real problems we might make progress, but oh no, they are faced with losing their free money!!!!!

So they make a deal with a party whose sole purpose is the breakup of our country. They should all be fired.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Where did I say "I would give money to Canadians"?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is not the time for political instability and petty bickering.

When was the last time this parliament did anything for this country, other than stand in front of cameras and lie to us about how much they want to help Canadians?

Stop farking around and get to work! This is the gov't Canadians elected (TWICE) so it's time for the losers to suck it up and work with it, especially in this economy.

Or do we need to ask the Queen to step it and straighten the children out?

/rant
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Michel, there's a reason sex, politics and religion are not brought up in polite conversation.

These are polarized subjects that no matter what your opinion, you are likely to pi$$ off half the room. Count me as one of them.

I won't even begin to explain why because this is not a political forum but will say that the "enlightened left" seems to have gravitated to this sort of behaviour as acceptable social decorum.

To me, this forum is no different than sitting around a table at the company Christmas party. You have something in common but don't know enough about the fundamental beliefs of people at the table so you "zip it" on the big three.

Speaking about the news is fine but when you suggest a certain party is great and the other dog sh$$, you've gone too far. Maybe no one has ever told you this or maybe you don't care but as a prominent member of this forum, pushing your political views just reminds me of Pamela Anderson telling us to be nice to animals. ie she has no legitimacy either.

Quick Reply: Boy ho boy! Haven't seen so much excitement in Canadian politics in years!